7 - It Never Ends

You're aware of someone following you into the locker room, but you figure it's another guy who just finished his workout. After all, this is a popular gym.

Unfortunately, the person who followed you isn't even a guy. Instead, it's the last person you want to see: Amanda.

"What, have you come to beg me to take you back now that your plan failed?" you ask angrily, opening your bag to grab some soap. A shower is in order, and she is in your way.

"As if! No, I came to tell you that I have a match next week."

"This concerns me... how?"

"Well, I'm facing off against your new girlfriend." Your mind immediately goes to CJ Perry, the girl whom you have a date with later.

"I'm not seeing anyone. Getting stabbed in the back takes some time to heal," you say. The first part was a lie, but not the second. Amanda did hurt you badly, but the way things happened didn't leave a lot of time to grieve. You add, "but you wouldn't know what that's like, would you? You're always the one holding the knife."

Amanda's face turns bright red with anger, and she bitch slaps you right in the cheek. Ow, maybe your face will turn as red as hers.

"Go ahead baby, tell me how pathetic I am. Tell me how much better you are with Jeff, who would probably much rather be sleeping with your roommate anyways."

Amanda storms out the door and slams it behind her, but you're already halfway to the shower. At this point, her words don't even hurt anymore. It's just annoying and excessive.

Like, she is clearly still in love with you. Why else would she continue to say these things, other than to stir you up? Why, other than to make you jealous or realize how much you miss her? If she didn't care, she would drop the whole thing and forget about it. But now she's dug herself in too deep.

Amanda has forced herself into a position where she has to either demand justice or tuck her tail and admit she's a lying bitch... and because you won't speak up and battle it out with her, she can't just "say her peace" and let you be the one to finish it. She's fucked right now.

Anyways, it's shower time. No offense bro, but you fucking stink.

[SEVERAL HOURS LATER]

You knock on the door to CJ's room, and she answers on the first knock. Her outfit nearly makes your eyes pop out of their sockets: a small red dress that hugs all of her curves, and red high heels to match it. It sounds simple, but man does it do the trick.

"Your mouth is hanging open," she jokes, patting your chest as she walks past you.

"Can you blame me?" you reply as you file into the elevator behind her. CJ giggles in response, but clearly seems flattered that you find her so attractive.

"No, I guess not."

The drive to the restaurant is short and silent. Neither of you really know what to say. You ended up making a reservation at some high-end sushi restaurant, which makes CJ nearly squeal in excitement. She informs you that it's her favorite food... lucky guess?

The waitress guides you to your seats and the two of your order your drinks. Wine for both of you? It's like that, is it?

"So what's your funniest road story?" CJ asks right off the bat. Damn, your funniest? You and the guys have done a lot of stupid things... but the incident with Trevor Mann (Ricochet) has to be the one.

"So down in Florida, Trevor was insisting that we go to this new bar he found, right? We go to there the night before leaving for... Texas, was it? Anyways, we go to this bar and accidentally get shit-faced. Like, drunk. Trevor, in his drunken state, says he can beat me in a wrestling match. I politely informed him that he couldn't, so the idiot gets up on the bar and backs up. At this point, I'm just as stunned as the poor bartender, but suddenly he runs forward and does like a crossbody off the bar. He takes me right of the stool. Busted my head open and everything, so bad I had to go get stitches. Needless to say, he is no longer welcome in that bar."

CJ is barely able to contain her laughter, but somehow she manages it. She comments, "Well, if you manage to get me that drunk I promise we won't have that kind of wrestling match."

Before how have a chance to reply to this, the waitress comes back and asks if you're ready to order. CJ orders a pink shrimp roll, and you order a fried cod roll for yourself.

It seems a little awkward to bring up her comment again, so you decide to take her word for it.

"Do you have any pets?" you ask instead, figuring it's a safe choice. Everyone loves talking about the pets they have or wish they had.

"I do have a dog." CJ shows you a picture of this fluffy little poodle-looking thing, which is honestly pretty cute. You tell her about your own pet(s) as well, and she seems pretty interested. Maybe one she'll get to meet them, who knows?

The food comes and man does it look delicious. The two of you dig in to discover that it indeed tastes as good as it looks. You'll definitely be coming back to this place in the future.

It's pretty quiet between you two, even as you finish your food. What should you even say to her?

CJ is the one to speak up, "That was fantastic! Good dinner choice, eh?"

"It was a lucky guess," you admit sheepishly, and she smiles deviously.

"Lucky? Y/N, you're gonna get a lot luckier tonight than just guessing which food is my favorite."