15 - Date Night

CJ's actions last night shocked you, to say the least. You've known for a long time that when she makes up her mind, there's no changing it. However, you never expected her to try and make you cheat on your girlfriend (while knowing that the reason your last relationship ended was unfaithfulness). For her to just come onto you like that... you're still a little shaken up about it a day later.

Speaking of which, tonight is (officially) your first date with Lexi. You're a little nervous about it, even though you've done this kind of thing before. As a matter of fact, you recently had one with CJ. And, even though it would be nice, you don't want this date to end in sex. Relationships always move too quickly for you, so you want to take this one slowly.

Something about Alexis Kaufman is different; you really want this one to work. You said the same about Amanda, but this time you really mean it. 

You're getting ready to leave when your phone rings. Typical. When you pick it up, you see that CJ is calling you. This should be interesting.

"What do you want?" you ask, your tone not exactly friendly. The other side of the line is silent for a few moments, like she's trying to find the words to say.

"I wanted to apologize, Y/N," she finally replies. Her voice is uneasy, which is kind of new to you. Every other time you've ever spoken to her, her voice has displayed complete confidence. She's almost always a woman who knows what she wants, but not right now. "I should have never tried to get you to cheat."

"I'm still wondering why, to be honest."

"I realized right away that calling our little relationship off was a mistake, but I didn't know how to say it," she begins, her voice breaking slightly. It doesn't sound like she's crying or anything, but it has to be difficult to admit she's wrong. It probably doesn't happen very often.

"So me getting together with Lexi really pissed you off, huh?" you guess, and her little "mhmm" confirms it. Then again, it really pissed you off that Amanda moved on so quickly. When the original guy broke up with her, she started banging Jeff. The fact that your relationship with her was so easy for her to forget still makes you a little angry.

"Yes. It's not often that I want something I can't have, and it only made me more desperate... so desperate that I made a huge mistake," she admits, but it sounds a little more like an excuse. It doesn't matter how fucking desperate someone is. Cheating is cheating any way you slice it, and knowing that you're making someone cheat is a scumbag move.

"You tried to seduce a taken man, therefore losing all respect he had for you." Once again, she gives you a little "mhmm". She knew that you're with Lexi, yet she still tried to get you to have sex with her.

"I know that I can't make up for what I did, but I want you to know that I really am sorry for what I did." Her words sound genuine, and though it's hard... you can't find it in yourself to hold this grudge. It was a mistake, and she does seem to realize that. But, she also has to know that it's not okay.

"It's water under the bridge, CJ. Just learn your lesson."

"Thank you, it means a lot to me. I'll see you at work, then?"

"I'd imagine so."

"Byeeeee..." CJ hangs up the phone, and that is that. At least you've gotten some closure on last night. It's not going to eat at your brain anymore now that you heard the explanation for her terrible actions.

What's done is done, so now it's time to go meet your girlfriend.

[A FEW MOMENTS LATER]