4 - An Epic Return

It's 6:50... 10 minutes until showtime. The knot in your stomach is showing no signs of going away, but this isn't your first rodeo. This isn't your debut, it's your return. You "recovered" from a career threatening injury, and now you're going to make the crowd go so insane that security will have to hold them back.

Yet, nervousness still reigns supreme as the clock nears 7:00. Even your debut wasn't this nerve-wracking. If this fails, you will probably get fired.

The internet is still on fire over you two weeks after everything went down. Amanda keeps managing to keep her head above the water, refusing to let this story be buried. She thinks that because you wouldn't take her back, so you don't deserve your fame. You deserve to rot. Well,  it's time to prove her wrong.

...

Y/RN's theme comes on, and he bursts through the curtain into the waiting arena. The crowd is going insane, just as he predicted. Their reactions are so mixed that he can't tell whether he's returned a heel or a face. It doesn't matter; what determines how they are really going to feel is the promo he's about to cut.

"What's up?" he speaks into the microphone before even entering the ring. The crowd seems to be booing him, but he still can't be sure.

"Now I know there's been some controversy concerning me lately. Everyone wants answers, so here they are: Yes, Y/RN is back. Yes, I have been cleared. Only one question remains: who am I after? Who could I possibly wanna fight? Not another blond, that's for sure. Hehe, had my fair share of those."

The crowd grows quieter as he speaks, yet the boos turn back into mixed reactions. Is it possible that he's winning them over by directly ignoring Amanda? The blond he is referring to is Dolph Ziggler, who he had once traded the Intercontinental Championship with over the better part of a year.

Before he has a chance to continue, Seth Rollins' theme comes on. Y/RN turns to the stage and watches him walk down the ramp. The Monday Night Messiah seems as cocky as ever, which should make for an interesting trading of words.

"Y/RN, Y/RN, Y/RN... always ignoring your real problems. The internet is fascinated with you right now, sir!"

"Probably 'cause I'm awesome."

"No, it's more over a certain flower... a Rose, in fact. They claim you mistreated this flower, and they want your head for it."

"Man, the H.O.A. is putting hits out now? I only stepped on one tulip, guys!"

"Y/RN, join me. Kneel, and I can reinvent you into something incredible. A man without blame, a weapon with no counter."

"Or... I could hit you with a Y/Finisher and that would be just as cool," Y/RN replies with a grin. The crowd has no confliction anymore. They're cheering for their old hero. His apparent crimes don't matter to them anymore, and all they want is to see him demolish Seth Rollins.

Seth mocks the crowd, and just when everyone least expects it he elbows Y/RN right in the face. After that it's shot after shot until Y/RN is beat up and on the mat in a heap.

Seth picks up one of the dropped microphones and yells, " I gave you a chance, Y/RN! You could have joined me and been great! Now look at you! Time to stomp out another non-believer."

The Messiah watches with a sinister smirk as Y/RN unwittingly lines himself up to be hit by the Stomp.

However, as soon as Seth begins to run forward Y/RN lunges upwards. He lands a wicked forearm to the side of Seth's face, who stumbles back dazed.

Y/RN then rushes to him and hits his own finisher, leaving his enemy lying on the mat as he himself had been moments before.

Then he notices the crowd. They are cheering wildly, chanting louder than he's ever heard them achieve before. And what they're chanting is...

"Y/RN! Y/RN! Y/RN!"

His return is a success!

...

When you step back through the curtain, the gorilla cheers for you. It seems like everyone backstage is here to shake your hand. Amidst the small commotion, CJ comes up to you and gives you a professional hug, but before she pulls away she whispers, "Room 305, same hotel as you. Be there by 11:00 or don't bother at all."

So that's interesting. Nothing could possibly go wrong there, but the next person that comes up doesn't allow you the chance to think about it.

Alexis wraps her arms tightly around you and squeals excitedly.

"That was awesome, Y/N!" she says as she lets go. You smile awkwardly and shrug, unsure of how to respond.

"Really?" you ask, slightly laughing, "I just went out there and did my job."

"Don't undersell yourself. You could be an actor like Dwayne!"

"Oh c'mon, I wasn't that good..."

"You were, though. Have a good night, Y/N." Alexis does a little waves and turns to leave, and you want to say something to her. Yet, for once, no words come to mind.

Instead, you watch as she walks away, and you too leave the gorilla. You go back to the locker room, and as you're about to get undressed, Jeff Sciullo (Elias) walks in. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but you've heard something very interesting about him.

The story goes that Amanda's original guy (the one from the affair) dipped once he found out who she had been dumped to be with him. She then came crawling back to you, but you weren't talking to anyone. Especially not her.

So then, having been rejected twice, she allegedly started banging Jeff. All of this in a matter of a two weeks.

"What's up, Jeff?" you ask casually, your eyes narrowing. He seems nervous, which almost causes you to smile. Almost.