☁️ Guide to the Afterlife- Todoroki Shoto x Male reader (Demon Slayer AU) ☁️

Hello, before you read on, I wanted to apologise for my absence, lately I've been suffering with a Cold and it's bad. I am negative testing for Coronavirus. I also haven't been inspired lately, and now, without further rambling. In this oneshot, the reader and Todoroki are in the alternate universe of Demon slayer, together they are walking through a rice field during the day, they aimlessly are walking as they have no missions currently. (Btw: This is also an introduction to one of my own character from demon slayer.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reader POV

Me and Shoto, I enjoyed the mans Presence a lot. We both were skilled Demon slayers, Hashira's if you may. Together, we were walking through a rice Field.
"So, how'd you become a Demon slayer?" Shoto asked, out of the blue.
"Well, it's a long story..." I mumbled, thinking of my past.
"Don't feel pressured into answering." He replied.
"Oh! I'm fine answering questions about it now, it's just it reminds me why I became a Demon Slayer." I told him.
"Alright." Shoto smiled.
"I remember it was a Winter night, My family used to own a Funeral Parlour. My dad would do all of the taxes and arrangements, Mom would dress the bodies, My big sister would decorate the Coffins, My younger brother would go out into town and console the deceased families loss. Me, I used to collect wisteria flowers, write Protective talismans and sometimes make special ointments to protect the bodies from Demons. However one night, we'd ran out of Wisteria paste to protect our business, a demon got in and wrecked the Mortuary, my dad was mauled to death, Mom the same, My sister tried to get help but she couldn't get out the house in time my brother, he had a heart attack when he saw the demon, he died on the spot." I sighed.
"That seems real rough." Shoto huffed.
"I was lucky, I had my special Talisman with me, one that I write every night to protect myself. As soon as the creature stepped one foot close to me his hand was cut off. At this point I had an idea to kill the thing. I remember running into my kitchen to get a special type of poison I got from a Doctor, wisteria poison, I was told to use it when I was in real danger. I got the poison and coated a knife I found, I completely sliced the head off of the Demon. I then remembered seeing a demon slayer right outside of my door."
"I'm glad you got protected yourself, without you, I'd probably be dead." Todoroki blushed slightly.
"Don't say that, we both play off of each other, I have the techniques and the knowledge and you have the strength and the drive." I gave him a side hug.
"Carry on, I'm quite invested in your story." He smiled.
"Oh! Right! The Slayer said that I was impressive and I had a good knowledge of demons. I said that I had been interested in demon slaying for a while. He then took me under his wing, only for a few months, around 3 months into my training, we had a massive argument, so big that it made me leave him and go off on my own, I trained on my own, in a forest, Mount. Ushinawareta tamashi (This is not a real Mountain in the Show or real life, but one that I made up.)"
"Isn't that the Mountain of lost souls?" Shoto stuttered.
"Yes, I stayed there for another 13 Months, with the poor poor souls who were lost in the mountain and couldn't escape. This was also the time I started exploring my breathing styles, I didn't understand the normal techniques like Water Breathing or Flame Breathing. I decided to develop my own breathing style, Spirit breathing. Once I'd finished my training, I wrote a talisman, the talisman to be able to see ghosts, I've kept the talisman ever since." Me and Shoto had now reached the end of the Rice field.
"Your story seems very interesting." Shoto patted my back. "I'd love to get to know you more, maybe more so than we are now."
"I could consider that." I nudged him.
"C-CAW! C-CAW!" Two deep black ravens flew down onto our shoulders.
"A demon! A demon! A Town! Girls are Vanishing! Head Northwest from here!" My crow screeched.
"There's a demon. Near the river, Southeast from here. We must leave. Immediately!" Shoto's crow was a lot calmer than mine.
"Well, I guess it means we're parting ways for now." I told Shoto.
"We'll see more of each other I'm sure." Shoto held my hand, he then kissed it and started to walk off.
"See you later." I mumbled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading this chapter! This is actually based on my own character. I got more inspired to the end of this lol. Hope you enjoyed this oneshot!
-potato
Word count: 830