Chapter 37 Marionette's Secret

Marionette's POV

(11:45 pm, same day)

There I was, small and helpless, wandering around with no one around. I looked up. The sky was grey and cloudy, as if it would rain soon.

I got hit by a chilling breeze and shivered. My arms wrapped around me as if I was giving myself a hug. I stayed like that and continued to walk along the empty side walk.

"Mom?" I called confusingly. No answer.

I looked around at my surroundings. It was mostly road with large buildings at the sides of them. Drive ways leading to each one.

I stopped when I noticed a building I've never really seen before. I peered into the window and saw a bear giving cake to children. I took a few steps back, looked up, examined the sign on the building, and smiled.

It read: Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.

Underneath that was a white sign which was held up by strings. It said: Grand Reopening.

I walked towards the red double doors and placed my hand on the handle. I pulled on it, but I was to weak to get it open.

From behind me, I heard a car park by the side walk. Then I heard someone get out of the car, slam the door closed, and mumbled, "they reopened? Even after I killed those four kids they're still in business?"

I froze. What was that person talking about? Oh well, I was always taught not to get in other people's business. I sighed and put my head down. I turned around and continued the search for my mother.

But that someone placed a hand on my shoulder. I jumped a little and turned around. A man with purple highlights in his black, spikey hair stood there. He gave a sick and twisted smile. "Hey kid. You lost?"

I started to shake, not because I was cold, because I was nervous, even more nervous then before. I didn't know what to do.

Before I could even speak the man grabbed my arm and dragged me behind the building. I tried to get his hand off of me, but he wouldn't let go. I couldn't do anything. I just wanted to go home with my mother!

When we at the back of the building. The man dropped my arm and pulled out something from his pocket. It was shiny and had red markings all over it. I tried to run away, but the man grabbed me and pulled me back. He placed his hand which was covered by a purple rubber glove over my mouth and put the silver object on my throat.

"I'll do this quickly okay." He said.

And that was it. My final breath. The last time I would ever see my mother.

The last time I would ever be a human...

Memories is all they are now. Painful ones at that.

To be honest, I don't really know what happened after that. But I've come to a conclusion, I'm a lost little soul. I was killed by a man in purple. And I didn't even do anything to deserve it!

I was young okay! Don't ask me why I just left my mother because I don't have that answer. All I know is that I can't do anything about it.

I'm stuck in this puppet body forever. There's no way out of it. There's no way to go back to a normal life.

Madeline is so lucky. She actually has a life and she's still living it. She's able to do whatever she wants. Maddie can do things I can't. And that's another reason why we can never be together...

Not only am I a puppet I'm a child! A dead one at that. Sure I don't call myself a ghost or a soul anymore. But that's only because I've done this gift giving puppet act for so long I've forgotten about my past. My real past. The only way I remember is when these horrible memories come back to me.

But some days I stop and wonder...

Is this a bad thing?

Was turning into a puppet my destiny? Was it the only way I could meet Madeline? If I was still alive, would I have ever meet her? When I said everything happens for a reason...my death was for a reason...

But I can't tell her. No. She can't know the truth about me. Madeline will always think I'm a puppet. No matter how close I get to her, she'll never find out. I won't allow it!

"Hey Marionette!"

I turned around and saw Madeline twirling a strand of blonde hair with her finger. She held a plastic bag in her other hand. Bonnie was behind her, arms crossed and looking straight at me.

"Hello Madeline. I'm glad you're here." I said

Madeline laughed and nodded. "Come on, I've got to show you and Bonnie something"

The two began walking down the hall, I followed behind. "So wha-what a-are we do-doing?" Bonnie asked.

I caught up to the two and walked beside Madeline. She didn't say anything for a moment but she had a sly smile on her face. Bonnie and I looked at each other, then back at Madeline.

Bonnie asked his question again, this time Madeline replied with, "we're going to have some fun!"

She started laughing. Bonnie ignored her and looked the other direction. I smiled to see Madeline so happy. I don't know what got over me, but I took her hand into mine. Madeline looked down at her hand. Then she looked down at the floor and her cheeks turned light pink.

I know I could trust her with anything. But like I said, she can't know my secret. No one can know the dark secret...

Of the marionette...