Chapter 7 No Hope

Marionette's POV

A new day began with me still sitting in my box. I didn't know if Madeline was coming today. To be honest, I just don't think she'll be back ever again. There's just no hope.

My box to me is something I love and I hate. It's like a place where I can keep all my thoughts to myself. It's a place where no one else can go. But it's also like a cage. Keeping me locked inside. Sure I can come out, but I never stepped one foot out of it.

Never had my small stub like feet touched the hard, solid floor of the pizzeria. But again, there was just no hope for anything. Nothing was gonna go back to normal, and that just wasn't a surprise to me.

I didn't even have any hope to say Madeline was still alive. Something in my mind kept telling me she was gone forever, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Just then I heard someone come into the room. I knew it wasn't Madeline. It was some kind of metal. Let me guess it's Toy Bonnie, isn't it? I thought to myself.

"Hey, uh, Marionette. Steven's birthday party has started so uh, we are going to bring him here to get his birthday present from you" Toy Bonnie said, hmm I was right. He sounded frightened. I wouldn't blame him, I made this strange screeching sound last night. No one has ever heard me done that. I was even surprised myself when that came out of my mouth.

"Alright" I said sounding irritated "the present is on the floor next to my box. Now take it and be gone!"

"But, Marionette. It's not a one of a kind Marionette gift if you don't give it to him yourself"

"I... Said... BE GONE!" I shouted. I heard him grab the present and dash out of the Gift Room. It's like I'm not generous any more. I have always said seeing a child's face light up with joy as they opened their parents was the best thing ever. Now, it's like giving a child a present means nothing to me and I don't think it will ever again.

I opened my box's lid ajar and looked around the empty room to make sure no one was there. Then I opened it fully. I looked up and saw my strings on these two wooden bars. These strings were a curse. I had to get rid of them. I tugged at the strings to get them out of my plush arms.

They just wouldn't budge. I wonder if I could cut them, but with what? I looked around the room to find something sharp enough to cut them. I didn't find anything. Then it hit me.

"Foxy's hook might be sharp enough to cut them" I said quietly to myself "his hook is worn out a bit, but I'm sure it'll be sharp enough"

I went back inside my box and waited for night to come. I needed these strings gone!

TIME SKIP TO 1:00 AM

I needed to figure out how I can get Foxy to come in here. None of them wouldn't come in here since I did that screech. I heard a strange banging sound coming, from the walls? Then I heard a child's laughter. Where was that coming from? I saw a shadow appear from one of the vents on the wall. The vent's lid fell of instantly, revealing a shocked Balloon Boy.

"Wow! I never thought we could crawl through the vents! That's so cool!" He shouted then began laughing "oh, um, hello Marionette" he said shyly when he saw me. Even he was terrified of me!

"I guess I will leave" he said as he crawled through the vents from the way he came. "Wait, Balloon Boy come back!" I shouted.

He peeked his head through the vent's lid. "Y-yes Marionette?" He asked nervously. Here's my chance to get rid of these strings!

"Can you get Foxy for me?" I asked. Balloon Boy's eyes widened. "You mean get the doggie!" He asked with joy

I closed my eyes and sighed. "Yes, yes,
I need you to get the doggie". BB speed crawled in the vents to get Foxy. We have no idea why he calls Foxy doggie. It's quite strange, but I don't think Foxy minds. Oh well, Balloon Boy is a child animatronic, and children do strange things sometimes.

I heard pounding in the vents again. Balloon Boy peeked his head in the room like he did before. "I FOUND THE DOGGIE!" he shouted with joy. Then he dropped down from the vent and landed on his feet. He began laughing like he was playing a fun game.

"Well, where is Foxy then?" I asked him face palming myself. Balloon Boy was still laughing. "He's coming! The doggie's in the hallway!" he shouted. Then a light flickered in the hallway. When it gave off the light, I saw Foxy for a split second.

He began walking slowly. I heard his mechanical feet clank with each step he took. He finally entered the room. When he saw me he flipped his eyepatch up.

"Hey there lad, Balloon Boy to me that Ye needed me for somethin'" he said.

I nodded. "Yes I did need you for something" I told him "is your hook still sharp?"

He lifted up his arm with his hook and examined it. There were some patches of rust on it. "I don't know lass, it's kinda rusted and worn out"

I smiled at Foxy, making him back away a little. Was my smile scary? It's never been scary before.

"Don't worry about it! Your hook will be able to cut the thing I need it to" I assured him

Foxy stepped closer to me and put his back down. "And what might that be lad?"

I pointed to my strings. "I don't know about this Marionette how will ye be able to stand up stra-"

"I have it all under control, uh lad? Just cut them. I know what I'm doing" I told him trying my best to say that thing he says.

"Alright then, if ye say so" he walked beside my box and grabbed the strings with his endo hand. Then he raised his hook and sliced the strings into half!

"Yes" I whispered to myself "they're gone!"

"Woah!" Ballon Boy said in amazement. He walked over to us and took foxy's arm (the one with his hook on it) "I never knew you could do that doggie!"

"Aye, I be full of surprises lass!" Foxy said confidently.

"Well, if you both don't mind I need to be alone again, thank you for your help Foxy"

They both looked at each other. Then they looked back at me. "GO!" I shouted. Foxy and Balloon Boy jumped back and speed walked down the hall.

I know I seemed like a jerk to them, but I needed to do this one last thing. I needed to do it in silence so I could concentrate. The last thing I needed were all the eyes staring directly at me when I did.

I put my two arms on the edge of my box. Then I lifted my right leg and put it down on the floor slowly. I quickly put my leg back up. I never felt the floor before, it sure was cold! I sighed and put my foot back down.

I then lifted my left leg, I still had my arms holding on to the box's edge to balance myself. I put my left leg down on the floor.

"Ok Marionette" I quietly said to myself "just let go of the box on three"

"One..."

"Two..."

"Three!"

I quickly let go of the box and...