Chapter 6: May 1st

Ayanokōji POV

Unfortunately, May 1st had arrived, the morning bell rang signalling the start of homeroom. Yuzuriha-sensei waltz in with a happy expression on her face, holding a rolled-up poster.

"Hey Kiyotaka-kun, today's finally the day. How you gonna announce yourself." She seemed genuinely curious as to how I would 'announce' my existence to the rest of the year. I obviously had no intentions of doing so, but In Yuzuriha-sensei's mind, she is probably thinking something absurd.

"How about when everyone comes to the classroom there's a massive smokescreen and after it disappears you walk out and just look at them like they're below you. Oh, the scared looks on their faces after not only being told about the system but them learning there is an S class would be amazing!" Yep, it was absurd and is she a sadist?

"Unfortunately sensei I would like to remain as inconspicuous as possible-"

"Pffttttt, how are you going to do that, I mean you're already a hot topic in the whole first year, after all, you're near the top of the hot guy rankings." She laughed at my response and seemed proud that her one student was at the top of some meaningless rankings.

Wait... why does she know that I'm near the top rankings?

"Uh, Sensei-" I was suddenly cut off "Of course I'd know you're at the top of the rankings since I voted for you!" She said whilst she winked. I had no response for this. My only thought was that Yuzuriha-sensei and Hoshinomiya-sensei are eerily similar.

"Well enough of that, take a look at the rankings." She proceeded to unroll the poster she had brought with her. She stuck the poster on the blackboard with some magnets. On the poster, all five classes were listed and were accompanied by a column of numbers that went up to a maximum of four digits.

The poster read:

Class Point Standings:

Class S - 1000

Class A - 940

Class B - 650

Class C - 450

Class D - 0

I would obviously keep my 1000 class points due to the explanation I had received at the beginning and the fact that I was taught by Yuzuriha-sensei which helped keep my focus since it was certainly more challenging compared to what a usual first-year high schooler would be learning, Class A seemed to also have conducted themselves well losing only 60 points despite having an internal rift.

Class B and C performed averagely with both of them being near the halfway point and being split by a margin of 200 points and then, of course, class D, it seems that none of their students knew how to act like students and had thrown their points away, honestly, I'd like to take a look at the lecture they're getting right now, what would they be feeling not seeing their points deposited, would they perhaps be nervous after the revelation the result will be obvious. I wish I could be there to enjoy seeing the scene unfold.

Wait doesn't that also make me a sadist?

I looked back to Yuzuriha-sensei who had turned away from me, she was stifling a laugh after seeing the rankings, this carried on until she finally burst. She started to snicker and then slapped her hands on the podium. It seemed that whatever she found funny was far too funny that she couldn't stop laughing.