Chapter 13: Class D

Ayanokōji's POV

I guess I'll aim for 50 in each subject.

My reason for such a weird choice is to find out the inner workings of the S system.

This school places heavy emphasis on its evaluation of students based on merit. If the points given out for the midterms have no actual correlation to the test scores then it wouldn't matter whatever the results are.

Being in the highest class could also manipulate the points I receive, since I am in Class S the school may give me 100 class points no matter my results and if I were to score 100 and then, in turn, I receive 100 points, I would not be able to work much out.

Meaning that the class points handed out at the end could either be completely random or they are handed out based on test scores, there's also the possibility that the position of your class affects the class points given, for example, the class average is ninety and if you were in Class S you may receive 10 more class points with it going down by two for each class ending with Class D receiving two bonus points or even an even higher amount for each class.

Going for fifty points would give me a clear indicator of why I received however many points I do receive if the scores and points do relate to each other.

Expulsion is also on the table for exams, which brings in the theory that 100 points would be given for avoiding any expulsions with the score lowering for each expulsion, this would normally make sense however in this school all the classes are pitted against each other.

The thought of 100 being handed out to multiple classes wouldn't allow the lower classes to catch up and would only lead to them straying further from those above if they do suffer an expulsion.

I could aim for a score of eighty or ninety in each test however the addition that I could receive from being in Class S could result in a full 100 points meaning I wouldn't know how the system actually works.

Of course, not a single Class S student being at the top of the results table would raise many questions.

My class will probably be invaded once again with the visitors demanding answers, I guess I'll stay around and get a better insight into the personalities of the leaders.

More questions would be raised about my 'classmates' however I'd like for the revelation of their lack of existence to be kept concealed until the first special exam we have.

The first special exam is yet to be announced however Yuzuriha-sensei has told me that all the first years will be involved. With all of us being gathered there it will be revealed that I am indeed the sole student of Class S.

With how the school system works it would be fine to say that the other Class S students paid to not have their scores be revealed, this excuse should suffice for a while however suspicions would continue to grow with the lack of sightings of other Class S students if I am found out then it isn't exactly harmful to me however these fake existences would have the rest of the year on a wild goose chase over people that don't exist.

I'm surprised that no one has been staking out this classroom recently, my best guess is that Class A is trying to conserve their points since they are second and would prefer to overtake me before trying anything that could result in a loss of points, caution being a key factor in how they go about this.

Class B is generally a more companionable class, especially when compared to the other three. They haven't made any direct attacks to unravel the mystery of Class S, however, they were the orchestrators of the forum discussions about Class S, they have gone about this by informing others and bringing them into the discussion, these actions show the nature of Class B.