Chapter 10: Negotiation

Ayanokōji's POV

As Kushida had said yesterday she had returned to the Class S classroom once again, with Tatsuya and Matsushita following behind. Obviously being the only Class S student would raise suspicion but they didn't question it. Unlike yesterday they decided to come to the classroom during break instead of during class, most likely since Kushida and Tatsuya probably want to set an example of proper conduct to the rest of Class D since they are two of the representatives of their class.

"Hello, Ayanokōji-kun as per what I said yesterday, Tatsuya-kun, Matsushita-san and I have come here today to request your help," Kushida explained, with a slight look of worry. But I had expected this, since Class D was the only class that knew of Class S it would make sense for them to try and utilise this and get me to cooperate with them. Based on the timing of the request it most likely has something to do with the upcoming midterms.

"I see, however, isn't it a bit selfish to make a request without me receiving anything in return?" I questioned them wondering if they really did expect me to act generously. To be honest, I'd prefer not to be dragged into the problematic affairs of another class, but if suitable compensation is on the table I may have a reason to comply.

If the classes were really easy then I'd probably wait for them to improve or do it myself, but if all the classes really were easy to beat then my high school life would be... anticlimactic.

"Ah, we kinda expected that Ayanokōji, but don't worry you'll be compensated for your efforts. Well, sort of." Tatsuya laughed sheepishly as he elucidated that I would indeed be compensated.

I raised an eyebrow, thinking as to what Class D could offer me, they definitely would struggle to make a deal with me since Class D clearly lack many resources, one of the many they are lacking is points that are clearly pivotal to success at this school. Whilst they are financially struggling I on the other hand find myself in a position of good financial standing.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the rustling of paper. I looked to the source of the sound and spotted a piece of paper neatly folded being held in Matsushita's hands.

"Firstly, what do you need help with?"

"You see our class has started preparing for the upcoming midterms." This time Matsushita spoke up. "Hirata-kun has made a study group, which has been quite successful, gathering a large majority of the students, however, there are still a few students who have refused to attend the study group, the problem is that these students are in danger of expulsion; namely Sudō-kun along with Yamauchi-kun and Ike-kun."

"And?" Seriously is that all, surely someone like Kushida could tutor them, or even someone like Matsushita, wait... Sudō, Ike and Yamauchi? That reminds me of my conversation with Tatsuya, these three individuals have been dubbed 'The 3 Idiots' and I have also heard about them being perverts so it would explain why no female would want to tutor them. Plus I doubt anyone would want to expend extra energy trying to tutor, how should I put it, 'intellectually challenged' individuals.

"Well, that's where you come in Ayanokōji! Being in Class S means you're amazing right? So we were wondering if you would be willing to help along with maybe two other classmates." Tatsuya said passionately, most likely about meeting other members of Class S. If that is what they are requesting they must have an offer that is quite useful or valuable.

"So you're saying you want us to tutor your fellow classmates so that they don't get expelled. I could do that, however, I will only agree after seeing what I receive in return." I asked.

"At this point in time, all we can offer is a contract saying Class D owes Class S one favour, after our discussion as a class yesterday we had all agreed that it would be worth being indebted to you in exchange for saving us from three expulsions," Kushida explained the contents of the contract, whilst Matsushita handed it to me. Despite still being cheery on the outside Kushida's smile faltered slightly as she explained the situation most likely realising how pitful her class' position really is. They had just started school yet they were financially struggling and in conjunction with this, they were now depending on another class to save them.