Chapter 8: Investigations

3rd Person POV

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji, someone who wishes to live their life peacefully, never having experienced such peace it is what he longed for, but unfortunately for him, he was about to lose that. At least it lasted for a month he thought to himself.

This depressing thought is due to the fact that the existence of Class S is spreading like wildfire. Within a day nearly every single student and teacher found out the existence of Class S.

'In the first year there is a fifth class, a class labelled S. This class is considered above A and it has eleven students. If you have any information please reply to this forum!'

This was the start of the whole thing. A post on the school forums was made by Honami Ichinose. If this event had to be compared to another you'd have to choose the Big Bang, with the post on the forum being the bang and the fact it has spread all across the school is the big.

After the creation of this post replies flooded in, many were shocked since even the teachers did not know about Class S. Ayanokōji scrolled through the hundreds of replies. Some thought this was just Ichinose playing a prank along with some of the first years. This doubt mainly came from the second and third years since there isn't a class S in their years.

Fortunately for Ayanokōji, it seems that the spare tables had a bigger impact than he had expected. There is a growing consensus within the discussions that small groups of students are the prime targets to interrogate since a small class would be more close-knit not leaving anyone to be a loner. Thankfully this meant that Ayanokōji would be less of a target.

Whilst the news of Class S spread around the school, the state of Class D was shambolic. One of the 'key figures' in the class known as Hirata was being overwhelmed for help by the rest of the class. Usually, Kushida would also be here to help him however she was investigating into Class S, interestingly Kōenji also was looking around himself. Horikita was also scavenging for information like the other two unfortunately none of them were working together.

They did go to the Class S classroom together a day earlier but since then they have all taken on their own approach to finding out about Class S.

Whilst Kushida used her far-reaching social network to gather any information, Kōenji observed his surroundings whilst on dates to see if anyone caught his eye. But no one did catch his attention as Kōenji is the perfect existence, to him, no one would be eye-catching other than himself so instead of staying on the lookout, he looked into a mirror.

Whilst Horikita didn't have many social connections so she had to make do with what resources were available to her. She scoured the numerous replies on the forums and instantly noticed a boy be mentioned within many replies within them.

He was described to have brown hair and golden brown eyes. From what she could gather he was quite popular but also a mystery at the same time. Many have spotted him but few know his name. He was also at the top of the hot guy ranking which after looking at him for a while Horikita agreed with.

However, before she started her search she met with someone.

- - - - -

Horikita's POV

I left the S Class classroom, whilst listening to the childish mocking from the likes of Ryūen-kun, it didn't affect me since after all I know my rightful place and it is as a student of Class S. I made my way towards the faculty room and I was surprised to see Chabashira-sensei waiting outside the room. She soon spotted me and beckoned for me.

"Follow me to the guidance room," she commanded, Chabashira-sensei must already know the purpose of my visit.

After a short walk, we reached the room,  there was a single door on the further side leading to another room whilst inside the room, there was a table with two chairs placed on opposing sides. Chabashira-sensei walked down to the further side and sat down whilst also gesturing towards the chair opposite to her.