Chapter 10

"You're not doing that again." Jewel demands.

"I don't have to." She says smirking.

"Why are you smirking?" I ask.

"I stole one of the guys radios and told them we were all shot on sight." She says looking up at me.

"Okay guys lets make her some crutches." Brooke suggests.

"With what?" Jewel asks.

"Okay I suggest using the stocks I took off of their guns and some sticks." Alyssa says trying to help.

Arabella goes and picks up the stocks of the guns while Annabelle and I go to find some sticks. I find a stick and bring it back where Annabelle and Alyssa are sitting assembling the first crutch.

"Where'd you get the tape?" I say looking at the 2 rolls of duct tape they had.

"I don't leave home without a roll." Jewel and Alyssa say at the same time.

"Okay well wait a second. So why didn't we take the guns?" Arabella points out.

"There are probably trackers in the guns." Brooke says like it obvious.

They finish off the second crutch and Alyssa gets up and starts using them.

"They are good enough." She says smiling and already starting to walk farther into the woods.

I look down at where she was sitting. A small puddle of blood was there and there was some smeared on the back of her pants. She just keeps walking so I start to follow her. Jewel wandered to the right a little bit and we all caught up to Alyssa. We walked forward for about an hour until we came into a spot by a stream and Alyssa sat down. Jewel and Arabella walked into the woods together. Alyssa started making a fire with a bunch of stuff she gathered around from the ground.

"Hey Alyssa did you take pain killers or something you don't seem hurt." Brooke says looking at.

"No.... I'm probably just in shock a little." she answers

"Hey guys we found something!" Jewel and Arabella come running into our little camp carry some paper.