Chapter 7

We all start to look for a tree. We need to find this tree before sundown, or else. Now, you're probably wondering what this 'or else' is. Let's just say this, it's not pretty. The guards come around after sundown to make sure everyone is safe and protected in their little homes. If we are not over the fence by then, we're doomed. After a few hours of searching, we're all tired and hungry. Especially Maelee. She gets insanely grumpy and grouchy when she's hungry.
"Guys, I'm really hungry!" She whines.
"Oh stuff it. We all are." Annabelle replies.
Suddenly, we hear a twig crack. Everyone turns their heads at the noise. We see a head peak out from behind the tree.
"Oops." The voice says.
"Who are you?" I demand.
She steps into the light and I see who it is. It's Arabella.

"I thought we told you to stay home!" I yell at her.
You see, Arabella wanted to come with us on our little adventure, but we didn't want her to come. She was our friend, and we didn't want her getting hurt. We all thought she couldn't handle it. I guess we were wrong...

"But I can help!" She says, her jet black hair flying in the wind.
"If you can help us find a way over this fence by sundown, you can stay." I tell her. She agrees.

About half an hour later, we hear a shout.
"I found a way over!" Arabella yells from a short distance away.
We all run over to where she is. She has found a way over. There's two trees, both in line with each other on different sides of the fence. I smile and pat her on the back.
"Good job, Arabella."
"Thanks, Lily." She says and I smile.

"Alright everybody! This is the plan!" Brooke, the smart one, shouts.
We all listen to her plan. Her plan is that we all climb the tree and jump onto the other tree, right before sundown. After that, we stake out underneath the tree until sunrise. After that, we help the people. A pretty good plan.

Right before sundown, she goes over the plan one last time.
"Everyone know what their doing?" She questions.
We all nod. It's go time.

The first one up is Alyssa. She's the most agile, because she hunts and does sporty stuff all the time. We all stare at her and pray she won't fall, until she finally reaches the top and jumps over to the other tree. The next one up is Brooke. After that, it's Jewel. Then, it's Maelee. Arabella and Annabelle are up next. Then finally, me. It was the scariest thing I've ever done. I thought I was going to fall. But, I didn't. I had courage in myself that I was capable of doing this, and I did. I smile at the thought. I quickly scurry down the tree like a squirrel, and meet up with the rest of my friends.