Chapter 4

I take a deep breath as I open the book. As soon as I open it a tiny piece of paper slips out. I glance at everyone nervously as I open it. Maelee just sits there, crunching the food I provided. (Aren't I wthe greatest friend ever?) When I finally open it, this is what I see.

Thank gosh your still trying to help! This next novel you don't have to read. (Unless of course you want to, which you probably do.) Please! Just help us! The next step you have to take is finding a way to travel to our land. You see, you can't find where we are on your land. Find a way to transport here, and then you'll find the next clue.

Brooke, the one who doesn't believe in magic only science, says, "Guys, this is crazy. There is only one world, and it is earth."

"But Brooke, there has to be something out there! Just think, just because no one has discovered it doesn't mean it's not out there." I plead with her.

She sighs. "Lily, this is insane. This has to be a joke."

"But it's not!" I whine.

Maelee just sits there, playing her stupid game.

"Come on please?" I ask them.

They all sigh. "Fine. But unless we get onto another clue, I'm done." Annabelle says.

[............]

One week goes by with still nothing. No more clues, no more books, no more hidden notes. Even I am starting to think that this was all just a big joke.