Chapter 3

A/N

In the picture are the people in this story. Yes, these are all real people. I just changed the names a little. They are a few of my closest friends. Starting from the right, the one with glasses with Maelee. The one above her is Alyssa, the one beside her is Brooke. The girl in the pink is Jewel, and the one beside her is Lily. (Me.) The one on the end is Annabelle.

I've been in the library for the past week and still haven't found anything. Nothing that even resembles the book I found the note in. Even my friends have helped. But somehow I know in my gut, that it has to be me who finds it. The cliffhanger is killing me.

Two weeks roll by, but still nothing. Finally, I just decide to give up. It must have been someone messing with me.

That day I find a note in my locker.

Dear Lily,
Please don't give up! We need you!

I read it, shaking. Who could have put this there?! I decide to bring it to lunch to show my friends.

"It's probably just someone messing with you. This whole thing is stupid." Maelee, the always negative one, says.

Alyssa snaps back with, "I think someone needs our help. And I intend to do so."

I smile at her braveness.

"I'll find it guys, I will." I say determinedly.

Unfortunately, we never get to finish this conversation because we are rudely interrupted by an egotistical pretty boy, who thinks he's the king of the world and everyone will bow down to him.

Later I find out my friends set this up be uses they know I don't practically like him.

[...........]

That night after school I find something. When I walk into my room it looks like a small square object. When I get closer I realize it's a book. I lean in and read the title.

"It's the next book!" I gasp.

I immediately jump on my phone and text my friends. Everyone agrees to meet at my house tomorrow at seven thirty because its a Friday.

[..........]

"I found the next book!" I excitedly announce as every one makes there way to my room.

"Really!"

"Awesome!"

"I'm ready for an adventure!"

"Whatever."

Those are the reactions I got. You can probably guess who the "whatever" came from.

"Are you ready for the next adventure?" I inquire.

"I'm here for the food, not the people." Maelee says and we all laugh.