Chapter 5

It was a regular Sunday afternoon. My friends and I, were all at the mall. We were having a wonderful time. Acting like the teenage idiots we are. People were staring, but none of us cared. It's always a wonderful time when I hang out with my friends.

We were at the candy shop, getting fudge cones. An amazing snack that we had all learned to love. It was basically a bunch of fudge stuffed in a mini cone. But man did we love the things. It was like heaven on a cone.

Anyway, back to the story.

We were in the candy shop, purchasing these wonderful items, when it happened. Now, you're all probably wondering what 'it' is. This could be many things. It could be a bag of candy, it could be twenty dollars that I found on the floor, or it could be the clue we needed. The person leaving these clues must have known us very well. He or She must have known we always go to the candy shop every time we go to the mall. Annabelle was the one who noticed it first.

"What's that piece of paper?" Annabelle asked.

"It's a piece of paper, you dip." (Guess who said that?) Maelee replied.

"We should see what it is." Jewel concluded.

I picked up the tiny piece of paper and read it.

Don't give up hope yet! Just go to where eagles fly!

I read it aloud, so everyone could hear it.

"Where eagles fly?" I questioned.

Brooke, the smart one, replied with, "It must be American Eagle, you idiot."

All of our mouths shaped into tiny O's at how astonished we were. After that, we all realized how incredibly stupid we were.

Everyone walked to American Eagle in silence. Until Alyssa interrupted it.

"So, what exactly are we looking for here?" She asked.

"Some kind of clue or something?" Jewel replied.

We all brook up into teams of two. Maelee and I, Brooke and Jewel, and Annabelle with Alyssa. Everyone seemed happy with this arrangement.

Maelee and I were going to search the shirts section.

"Look how cute this is!" Maelee squealed with delight, holding up a black shirt.

"We are on a mission!" I yelled at her.

She sighed and put it back.

After about half an hour of searching went by, when I finally found something. It was what looked to be a tiny pearl. No bigger than the size of a pinky nail. Well, more rounded than that. But you get the idea. With it, was attached a note. The note read,

Congrats! You did it! Simply step on this pearl and think about where you want to go. You can take up to five people with you.

That's perfect! Now, I may be no math genius, but I can do simple math. There are six of us in total, minus myself equals five! That means we all get to go to this magical land. I can't wait till I tell my friends.