Chapter 6

A/N

I found this picture on we heart it and thought it was pretty.

Okay back to the story.

Everyone was back at my house, and we were examining the pearl. Even Brooke looked like she started to believe it was real. After everyone had examined the pearl, I decided we all needed to make a decision.

"So, who thinks we should try it?" I asked.

Everyone raised there hands expect one person. Let me just describe this person to you incase you haven't figured it out already. Although I'm sure you have.

She has short brown hair, she is always the negative one, and she wasn't even listening to what I was saying. Oh, and her name starts with a M.

If you guessed Maelee, which I'm sure most of you did, you are correct.

Maelee had her earbuds in, and was listening to her stupid Five Nights at Freddy's theme song. We all screamed at her, but she still didn't move.

Eventually, I just decided to rip her earbuds out.

"Maelee! Did you even hear what I said?!" I yelled.

She looked up at me.

"No..." She said with a tiny voice.

I sighed and then repeated my question.

"Oh yes! I vote we go!" She said excitedly.

We all laughed because that was the only time any of us heard Maelee excited.

[...............]

The next weekend everyone was at my house again. Everyone had a small bag packed with essentials. Toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush. Etc.

My bag was a small pink bag with little zig zag designs. Alyssa's had a camo pattern. Brooke's had little black hats dancing on a white bag. Annabelle's was just plain lime green. Maelee's was pitch black. Jewel's had different colored dots on it. Our bags described our personality exactly.

I put the pearl on the floor and told everyone what to think of.

"Everyone think of a different world. Not one on Earth. Some different world out there. Filled with a clan of people who need our help." I described to them.

That was the best I could do. The rest was up to them.

I stepped on the pearl and it exploded. We were all whisked away through the wind. I can't exactly describe the feeling. It was as if we were flying. Only we weren't. We were traveling to a new world. One we didn't know very well. One where we were going to be the heroes. One where I couldn't wait to be.

The travel barley took a minute. I looked around at all my friends. We all made it! Alyssa was standing over by a tree, Brooke by the lake, Annabelle by a different tree, Maelee, still with her earbuds in, was standing by flowers, and Jewel was by Maelee.

"Lily! We made it!" Alyssa exclaimed.

I smiled and looked around at this beautiful world.

"Yes, I suppose we did." My smile grew brighter.

"What do we do now?" Jewel asked.

I replied with, "I don't know, Jewel."

We all just started aimlessly wandering around. I had assumed these people who needed help would jump right out at us. But I guess not. I guess part of the quest will be to find the people.

As we started walking toward what looked like the city, I noticed something. It wasn't as pretty here. There was trash on the road, smog in the sky, and stuff I don't even want to describe. This whole place was terrible. It was basically a waste land. Eventually, we came to what looked the the city. But there was a problem. There was a huge fence around it. It seemed like it was electric. The fence was like the fence in The Hunger Games. It was meant to keep them in, and us out.

I now understood why these people did not just jump right out at us. They were trapped. I had no idea how they sent the messages, but they clearly needed our help.

I looked over at five terrified faces. We were all terribly frightened at the sight of this horrible place.

"What now?" Alyssa asked.

"I have no idea." I replied.

We all wandered around the fence looking for some way over it. There was nothing! Not even a weak spot like Katniss used. We were all getting tired and frustrated.

"I'm hungry!" Maelee complained.

That was nothing new. Every time we went somewhere, within the first ten minutes, she always complained about how hungry she was.

"Didn't you eat breakfast?" I asked her.

"Yes." She said simply.

I rolled my eyes.

"And?"

"And nothing." She said. "I'm just really hungry.

Everyone rolled their eyes in sync. It was actually pretty funny that we all did it at the same time.

"Has anyone thought of a way around the fence?" Jewel questioned.

Suddenly, I came up with an idea. What if we climbed a tree, then jumped over the fence! It was brilliant!

I told my friends my idea. Of course they all thought it was stupid. But sometimes my stupidly was useful.

"What if we found a tree on once side of the fence that was right next to a tree on the other side of the fence?" I asked.

"I suppose that might work." Brooke replied.

We all agreed to start looking.