Chapter 7

That night

"Ugh!" I groaned. "Cameron, answer the damn phone! I'm sorry I've been busy for the past two weeks but I'm free now. You're starting to scare me. Just... call me back soon, okay? I miss you. Bye." I hung up. Sent to voicemail again! I threw my phone on my bed. "Damn it!"

"Hey," I turned toward my door and saw Dad standing there. "Watch your language."

"Sorry." I sighed. "Cameron isn't answering his phone and I'm worried about him."

"Oh, I'm sure he's fine. I never liked that boy anyway." He crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe.

"Why not? He's a great guy. He has never hurt me and he beat the guy up after the concert. Why don't you like him?" I asked. He sighed and sat on my bed, gesturing for me to sit with him. I sat down and crossed my legs.

"As your dad, it's my job to hate any boy you hang out with." He said.

"You let me hang out with Speedy who is 18, Kidflash who's turning 16 in November, and Robin who's turning 14 in December." I raised an eyebrow. "What's the real reason you hate him?"

"He seems like the kind of guy who's in a gang. I don't want you getting mixed up with those kinds of people, Abigail."

"Dad." I groaned.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe, honey." He tried reasoning with me. "I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'll be fine. Cameron doesn't know it, but I can defend myself. If he were to try something in me, I'd beat him up." I threw punched in front of me, hitting the air in front of me.

"I know that, Abby. I just don't want you to get heartbroken." I groaned again. "That being said, I think it's time that you and I had the talk."

"Woah! I'm gonna stop you right there. I know how babies were made. I know what sex is. Mama beat you to it 2 years ago. And school beat you to it 4 years ago." I giggled as Dad's face turned a light shade of pink. "Saved you the trouble."

"Yeah, I guess you did. Alright then. I'm gonna go back out there and leave you to yourself. I love you, Sweetheart." He kissed my head and began walking toward my door.

"I love you too, Daddy." He turned around and smiled at me before walking out of my room, closing the door behind him. I sighed. With Cameron not answering me, I was probably gonna be bored out of my mind. So until he does, it's gonna suck. He was my best friend and now he's not talking to me. Did I do something? Did I upset him? Did I scare him away? I snorted. The last one's not likely. I'm not able to even scare a full-grown chipmunk. I looked through our text messages over the past few months.

March 15th, 02:12

Cameron 💙
Hey, Abigail? Are you awake?

Me
I am now

Cameron 💙
Did I wake you up?

Me
Yes

Cameron 💙
Sorry............... you wanna hang out?

Me
Cameron, it's 2:15 in the morning. I'm trying to sleep. I have school tomorrow

Cameron💙
I'm sorry I'm bored!