Chapter 3

June 20th

Okay. Cameron should show up any minute now. I was wearing white ripped skinny jeans, a blue crop top with a black jean jacket over, and baby blue and white slip-on vans.

(No hoops, no sunglasses, no air pods

(No hoops, no sunglasses, no air pods. And that is her phone case daily.)

The doorbell rang. He's here! I ran to the door and flung it open. Cameron stood there with a black tank top and denim jeans on. The usual.

"Ready to go?" He asked me. I nodded. He looked behind me and his face paled. Shit, dad.

"Young man, if I find out that you hurt my daughter in any way-" I cut him off.

"Okay, Dad. I think he gets it. We've gotta go now, though. I'll see you when I get home. Bye!" I walked out the door and went to close it, but Cameron shoved his foot in the door.

"Abigail, I need to talk to your parents really quick. I'll be out in a sec." He ruffled my hair and opened the door, stepping in and walking in behind Dad. What the hell is he doing?

Cameron's POV

I walked in behind Mr. Navarro and into the living room. Mrs. Navarro was in there. Mr. Navarro sat next to his wife and looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I... uhh... bought tickets to a concert for Abby's favorite singer, Avril Lavigne. It's here in the city but it's would be late when she got home. I wanted to know if she could go? It's her birthday present from me." I had little hope they would say yes, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I also may be a villain, but that doesn't mean I'm completely evil.

"No." Said Mr. Navarro.

"Honey, he's gotten her home by dinner time every time they hang out. Let her stay out late tonight. She just turned 16. You're only 16 once in your life." Mrs. Navarro looked at her husband. She always seemed to like me. Mr. Navarro sighed.

"Fine. But she better be home an hour after the concert ends at the latest." Mr. Navarro said. Yes!

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Navarro. I promise, I'll bring her home safe." I turned around to walk away.

"You better." Mr. Navarro said. I stopped for a second before walking back to the front door. He doesn't trust me. Good to know.

Abigail's POV

Cameron walked out the door and shut it behind him. He looked a little upset.

"What's up with you?" I asked. He looked at me then smiled.

"Nothing, birthday girl. Let's go have some fun." He grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs.