Chapter 2

June 3rd

I woke up to the sun shining on my face. My mom opens my door.

"Good morning, baby girl." I pulled the covers over my head.

"No!" I groaned.

"I thought you were gonna hang out with Cameron at his house today. I pulled the covers off of my head and sat up.

"Out." I pointed to the door. "I gotta change."

"I made waffles for breakfast. Make it quick." Mom said, shutting the door. I climbed out of bed and ran to my dresser and grabbed a pair of shorts and a tank top. (Pic above, but nit the hair, nails, or piercings.) I walked out of my room and down the hall into the kitchen, sitting at the bar table. Mama placed a plate of waffles in front of me.

"Thanks, Mama." I quickly ate my breakfast and ran to my room, grabbing my converse and put them on, lacing them up, and running back into the living room as a knock sounded on the door. "Coming." I walked over to the door and opened it, letting Cameron in.

"Hey, Abby."

"Hey, Cam. I'll be ready in just a second. I gotta grab a couple of things." I ran back to my room, brushed my hair, put on a ladybug necklace, grabbed my phone, phone charger, and a few pads, and shoved them into a small backpack. I walked back into the living room and over to Cameron.

"Let's go.~ You're taking forever." Cameron said with a small smile.

"I am not.~" I rolled my eyes. Mom sighed.

"Children." She let out a small chuckle. I scoffed.

"Mama, we are teenagers. Get it right." I snickered. "Love you, Mama."

"Love you, too, baby girl. Have fun. But-"

"Don't even finish the sentence, Mama." I hugged her, gave her a kiss, dragged Cameron out the door.

"You're more excited to go to my house than I am." Cameron said.

The night before. Cameron's POV

"I am such an idiot!" I was rushing around my house, cleaning every, goddamn, inch of it. All because I told Abigail that we were hanging out here tomorrow. Why is humaning so hard!?!?

Present time Abigail's POV

I was super excited to go to Cameron's house! I've never been to his house before but it's probably bigger and better than mine. I was running ahead of Cameron so he had to run to keep up.

"Abigail, you don't even know where I live. Slow down." Cameron grabbed my hand and pulled me back toward him.

"What?" I asked in a high-pitched voice.

"Slow down."

"Fine, but you have to carry me."

"Fine." I jumped on his back and he hooked his hands under the back of my knees. "Better?"

"Yup. Are your parents gonna be home?" I asked.

"Nope. My dad is rarely ever home. Business trips. My mom, uh, died when I was 9." My breath caught in my throat.

"O-oh. I'm sorry, Cammie. I didn't know." My arms tightened around his shoulders, basically hugging him from behind. He shrugged.

"I don't like talking about it, anyway. It's alright." He went quiet for a while. It's was sorta awkward, but as we got closer to his house, it became relaxing. I hadn't had peace and quiet in a few weeks with all the missions I've been going on. Damn you, GA.

"So, whatcha been up to the past few weeks? He asked. Shit!

"I've had a lot of homework lately. Crammin' for those exams, ya know?" I chuckled. He shook his head.

"Nah, I hated school. I'm a high school drop-out." He bounced me up and got a better grip on me.

"Oh, wow. I didn't know that." I shrugged.

"Yeah, that's why I'm an idiot." He said. I smacked him.

"No. You're smart. Maybe not book smart, but you are street smart." I looked ahead and saw a blue house.

"Oh, look at that. I don't have to carry you anymore." He dropped my legs and leaned back, putting me down. I unwrapped my arms from around his neck and walked with him the rest of the way.

"Your house is so pretty." I breathed. He looked at me.

"You think this is pretty? Wait until you see the kitchen." We walked up the porch steps and he crouched down, lifting the mat and grabbing a key. "That was my moms' favorite place in the whole house." He unlocked the door and let me in first.

Time Skip

"Ok, who's your favorite hero out of the Justice League and their partners?" Cami and I were sitting on the couch in his living room with a movie playing in the background talking about random things.

"Uhh... I dunno I've never really thought about it." He shrugged. "But if I had to choose, I'd say Spirit."

"Really? How come?" I asked. I'd be his favorite hero? "I think she kinda sucks."

"I don't think so. She's a badass! Do you see the way she fights?!" He chuckled. "I'd like to talk to her at least once." Little does he know! "What about you? Who's your favorite hero?"

"Oh, Sparrow all the way. She doesn't get as much recognition as Robin, but she was trained by The Bat himself!" I sighed. "I wish I could fight like them. I wouldn't have to have someone protecting me all the time."

"Well, think about it this way. If you could defend yourself, I wouldn't have come to your rescue and we wouldn't be friends." He put his hands up in defense when I playfully glared at him. "I'm not saying it's a good thing you can't, because it's not, but you wouldn't know me if you did."

"Alright fine, whatever. Favorite villain?" I asked, getting off the subject.

"Don't have one." He replied. I scoffed.

"Bullshit. Everyone has a favorite villain, even if they are evil. Even I have one!" I exclaimed.

"Who?"

"Icicle Jr." Cameron raised an eyebrow.

"Why? He's pretty lame. Ice powers are useless." He leaned back against the armrest.

"Not true. Imagine: you're trapped in a room and the door locks from the outside. You don't have any keys, bobby-pins, and anything that can pick the lock, but you have ice powers. You freeze the lock and break it, then you're home free." I said, recalling one of the situations that Sparrow had gotten herself into that she told me about. "But I don't think he's lame. I don't know why he's a bad guy, I don't know what happened to him to make him this way, but whatever happened must have been really bad." I paused. I really didn't know what happened to make Jr. the way he is, but at times, I think he's holding back what he's fully capable of like he doesn't want to do it. "And I think he's pretty cute. Quite the flirt from what I've heard, but cute nonetheless." I giggled and we continued to talk until he walked me home. I had fun. He's fun to be around. I'm glad I met him.