Knock, Knock

I bit my lip as the floor board creaked beneath my feet. I slipped on a Canada sweatshirt my parents brought back for me from one of their trips. They usually bring back, 'guilt gifts' as me and my siblings like to call them, from their trips. It's a 'kind gesture' to 'make up for the times we missed.'

I already had black and white plaid pajama pants on so I just left them on. I slipped off
my slippers and got on some old converse I had laying under my bed.

I grabbed my skate board filled with stickers, little doodles, and the names of my team members that they all wrote on it. They gave me the board as a birthday gift after they saw my money I was saving up for it. They all wrote their names on it before they gave it to me.

I hopped onto my roof then onto a tree branch that's sitting outside my window. I threw my board down then jumped out of the tree. That's how I usually sneak out.

I walked a couple feet to Adam's house and picked up a pebble. I threw it at his window but when he didn't answer immediately, I picked up five more and threw them repeatedly.

"What the hel-" He muttered opening his window as I threw another pebble. It flew up and hit him in the face. "Oops." I laughed quietly making him look down.

He didn't look tired, he didn't look like he'd been sleeping at all. "What are you doing? Are you crazy?" He whispered shouted looking down at me.

"Yes. Hey Banks, guess what?"

"What?"

"Knock, Knock."

"Who's there?"

"When where..."

"When where who?"

"Now, parking garage on 5th street, me and you. Get your ass down here." I held in my laugh as he tried to climb down a tree next to his window and almost fell. He jumped down and he looked proud of himself. "You've never snuck out before, huh?" I chuckled at him while he looked back at his house.

"How'd you know?" He joked as we started to walk.

"So what exactly are we doing?"

-

"You're doing it!" I yelled as Adam skated on my skateboard. He wobbled a bit and let out a yell that echoed in the empty parking garage. He saved himself with his foot before he had the chance to fall.

"That was awesome!" He exclaimed skating back towards me. "Now you know why I skate every where." I smiled at the look in his bright blue eyes.

"Wanna learn a trick?" I asked grabbing the board. "Yeah!"

I used my foot to push myself off and I started to skate around. I jumped up and flipped the board only to land back on it again, skating back to Adam. "Yeah, no way in hell I'm doing that." He looked at me grabbing the board back.

-

"So how come I've never seen your parents at one of your games?" Adam asked me as we laid on the parking garage roof, looking at all the lights. "They don't care. They don't think hockey is good for me. They think I suck." I laughed dryly shaking my head. It doesn't bother me anymore.

My brother and sister are usually at every game. My sisters best friend, Bianca, who is like an older sister to me, is always at my games. Even if my brother and sister aren't.

"Well they're wrong. You don't suck, you're really good."

"Oh, I know." I joked making him let out a small laugh. "But I guess you're not so bad yourself, Banks." I nudged his shoulder.

"What about your mom?" I asked after a little while."I know your dad comes to your games, but what about your mom?"

"She's usually working and watching my little sister, Claire. My dad is so fed up in my hockey life and his own work he doesn't care about his own kids." Adam shook his head with a frown. 

"Yeah, I feel you. My parents go out on business trips every week leaving me, my brother, and sister, to cook, clean, and shop for ourselves. But then they come back with a pocket full of cash and a souvenir from where ever they went and think everything's just wonderful." I huffed realizing I may have over shared.

No one really knows about that besides Connie, Averman, Charlie, and Guy.

I just told one of the only things that bothered me most, to the kid I hate. Or at least thought I did. I'm praying he won't use it against me in the future or tell anyone. I don't think he's like that.

"Wow, I'm sorry." He looked down. "I'm sorry too." I smiled at him.

-

"I had fun tonight, Anderson." Adam smiled down to me from his window. "Me too, Banks." I grinned up at him.

"Thanks a lot. Really."

"Anytime, Banks." I said staring to walk away "Wait, Anderson." He called as I spun around.

"Yeah?"

"Knock, Knock."

"Who's there." I answered with a laugh.

"When where..."

"When where who?"

"Two days, park, me and you."
"Deal. See ya, banks."

"Night, Anderson."

"Night banks."

-

shorter chapterrr

I have good ideas for this book tbh