Double Traitor

We were all in the locker room and I was french braiding Connie's hair. Jesse and Peter weren't in uniform. I can't believe the two people who use sarcasm the most didn't understand that what Bombay said was sarcasm.

"Why aren't you guys in uniform? We've got warm-ups in a half hour." Bombay asked the two as he walked in. When they didn't answer he just kept talking. "Everyone listen up. We've got a new player, Adam Banks."

Why didn't he tell me? The team isn't gonna like this, I thought with a sigh.

The whole locker room exploded in complaints and me and Connie just sat there. I'm sure she didn't want him on the team but she knew he wasn't as bad as all the other hawks.

"He's a hawk."

"He's a good player." Bombay insisted.

"Yuck."

"Everyone hates him."

"Yeah! We don't need him."

"You say that now, but we only score a minimum to three goals every game." I yell over everyone else.

"Of course you stick up for him."

"Cake-eater lover!"

"Listen! Scarlett is trying to be professional by not acting like it's the end of the world to accept a new player. I want you all to do the same. I'm the coach. I say we need him. If we make it into the play-offs he'd be a big help."

"'If '? All of a sudden you don't think we're good enough?" Karp said with a bit of sadness.

"No, he thinks we're losers."

"That's what he told Riley." Jesse and Peter said glaring at Bombay. "We heard what you said. That we're losers and don't deserve to live."

"For the last time it was sarcasm, you dipshits." I groaned rolling my eyes.

"That's not what I meant." Bombay defended himself. For a lawyer he sure isn't doing a good job. "I saw that picture of you missing that goal. You were a hawk weren't you?" Peter stood up. "Guess you guys stick together to the end." He shook his head. "Peter shut up!" I yelled.

"I don't need your stinkin equipment." He threw the jersey and walked out of the locker room. "Come back here!" Bombay exclaimed looking at the door. "Forget it, cake-eater. Come on, Terry." Then Jesse and Terry left.

"I'm going up to the bench because that's where I'm supposed to be. Anyone who wants to join me, can join me. Anyone who doesn't...Well..." He said to me, Tommy, Tammy, Connie, Guy, Karp, Charlie, and Fulton. Then he walked out.

"I'm going out there. I don't care who follows or not. Bombay has been good to me, to all of us. He's the best coach we've ever had. Yeah, he's messed up, but who cares? We all do. Now I came here to play hockey, that's what I'm gonna do." I stated then walked out of the locker room with my gear.

Only me, Charlie, and Fulton came out to play. Connie just decided to not play and Guy followed her actions, of course. And Karp went home because Peter went home and they basically follow each other everywhere. Tammy and Tommy went home because Tommy was tired.

We had to end up forfeiting and the flames won.

"Hey, Coach." I said walking into the locker room. "Did you talk to anyone yet?" He said looking up from the bench. "No, they said I'm a 'double traitor', whatever that is, for even going out there." I sighed sitting down across from him.

"They hate me, don't they?"

"It may seem like it but they'll come around. They switch up fast, and it's really annoying but they're my family. Trust me."

"You wouldn't know anybody who happened to be good at hockey, would you?" He asked hopefully. "Uh, well. I do have one person in mind." I said confused.

"Good. I want you to brink them to the rink 4:00 tomorrow night. Got it?" He instructed and I just nodded.

"May I ask why?"

"Tammy got accepted into a a figure skating school somewhere in California I believe. The whole family is moving with them. That's minus two players. We've got Banks if his father doesn't make a fit. That's plus one player, we need someone to take Tammy's spot."

"Yeah, I've got someone. I'll see you tomorrow at 4 then."

-

Bianca was there, like always, so she gave me a ride home.  "Hey, B." I said getting into her car. "Where's Aspen?"

"She wanted to come but Mrs. Fisher is giving her extra money to babysit Stacy tonight." Bianca explained pulling out of the parking lot. "What the hell happened out there, where was your team?"

"They're all mad at my coach. So they left before the game started."

"I'm sorry, bubs. I know how excited you were to play today." She frowned looking at me. "Eh, it's okay." I said taking candy out of her compartment in the car. "Don't eat all of that. That's mine."

"Bite me, whore."

"Suck it, bitchface."

"Gladly." I smiled at her.

-

I walked into my house and brother Joey and his friend, Mikey, were at the table. "Hey, Scarlett how was the game?" My brother asked. "Like you give a shit. You're only asking because you wanna look good in front of your friend." I scoffed grabbing a water out of the fridge. "Guess not so good then."

"Fuck off." I groaned flipping them off while walking away.

-

I got to my room and picked up the phone.
"Hey, you up to play some real hockey?"

"Hell yeah! When and where?"

-

at the end of the story im gonna post how I viewed the characters and who I pictured them as bc why not