For Banks

We won our game and that means we're going to the play-offs. We're playing against the hawks now.

We were all lined up making faces at each other while we waited for the anthem to play. I was lined up across from Larson and Adam was behind me next to McGill. I looked around to see if anyone was looking on my direction, then quickly gave Larson the finger before putting it back down and putting my hand of my heart for the anthem.

"Let's go!" Bombay yelled while we skated towards him.

"Welcome to the Minnesota State PeeWee Championship. We're excited to see Scarlett Anderson and Adam Banks in action, the ducks supposed star players." I got scared at my name suddenly being announced. People really think I'm one of the star players? Connie and Aspen smiled and nudged my sides. 

"The hawks, coached by Jack Riley." The announcer started but was cut off by the hawks fans chanting win making all of us roll our eyes. Then we all started to quack and the 'win' chanting got drowned out by the ducks fans.

"Hey, Banks! Don't forget what side you're on." Jesse said before him and Adam skated out onto the ice.

I was sitting with Aspen and we groaned as Adam kept getting pushed around. "Coach, they're gunning for him. Put me in!" I insisted standing up. He was refused until he saw Banks get checked into the boards. "Alright, alright. I'm not talking Banks out, but you can go in. Averman!" He yelled as I went out and switched with Averman.

Guy had the puck and skated up to the hawks goal. Larson stole it and passed it to McGill.
I skated up in front of him and put the puck through his legs, grabbing after he skated away. He was still skating then a moment after he realized he didn't have the puck anymore.

"Ducks, Scarlett Anderson, steals the puck from Hawks, McGill, bringing back to the hawks zone. She skates around the net, she shoots, she scores! Making the first goal for the ducks tonight. Score is now 1-1."

McGill got the puck again then scored. Making them lead the first period, 3-1.

"Don't be scared of them ducks, that's what they want. Keep your heads up. Play proud. Let's fly!" Bombay encouraged us as we sat on the bench.

"Yeah!"

I skated out with my team. It stole the puck from McGill and passed it to Charlie, he passed it to Adam. While Adam was skating towards the goal, McGill knocked him down from behind. He slid and hit his head off the goal post as the puck went in.

My eyes widened and I skated over to him. Larson was over there asking if he was okay. "What'd you do?" He asked looking at McGill. "My job." McGill sneered.

"You, asshole!" I grunted while taking my foot and swiping it under his feet. The ref was calling medics over. McGill was put in the box for two minutes.

"Hawks." I muttered shaking my head. "Tell him I'm sorry." Larson nodded towards Adam before skating away. The medics strapped Adam onto the bed while the team gathered around him.

"Did it go in?" He asked Jesse making me laugh and shake my head. "Yeah, man."

"Jesse, do me a favor. Kick some hawk butt." Adam said quietly while they checked his eyes. "Alright, cake-eater." Jesse joked chuckling.

"Guess this time the super duo won't be able to win, huh?" Adam laughed softly after the team skated away. "Guess not. They'll be other times, y'know." I smiled at the boy. "Don't let them win." He said making me laugh again. "I'll try. That's kinda the goal here."

"See ya around, Banks." I smiled patting his hand. "See ya, Anderson."

-

"For Banks!" I yelled while we all sat on the bench. "For Banks!" The team, and coach, repeated back to me.

"Fulton you're in."  Coach said. "They'll be rushin him." Jesse responded. "Make sure to give Fulton plenty of time."

Jesse cleared out the front of the net Fulton shot then he scored. The score is 4-3. One from me, one from Adam, and one from Fulton.

One of the hawks made another goal. 5-3.

"Tammy, Tommy. Show these hawks something really different." Bombay said while he showed us a play for the two figure skaters.

Now it's 5-4 after Tammy spun and distracted everyone before shooting it into the goal.

After a hawk pushed Tammy down Fulton skated over and threw McGill over the boards. I was cheering the loudest. I've waited my whole life to see that. "He barley touched him!" Bombay complained as Fulton was kicked out of the game. "Now they decide to call something." I shook my head. "You're telling me kid." Bombay said looking down at me.

"Flying V." Coach yells to the kids on the ice. The Flying V scores making the score a tie at 5-5. The next goal decides the championship. "Anderson. You're on." I nodded as Bombay patted my helmet.

As the time ran out Charlie skated towards the hawks goal. McGill pushed him down, "Where's the call?" Bombay yelled from the bench. There's no time left leaning we have to do penalty shots.

"Alright ducks, who's gonna take it?" Bombay asked as we gathered around the bench. "I think guy should take it." Connie said pointing to Guy. "Me?" Guy said nervously. "Of course you do." I rolled my eyes making Aspen laugh.

"I think Charlie should take it." I said nudging Charlie. "All he does is fan." Jesse said making me give him a look."Scarlett, you take it. Not me." Charlie protested while shaking his head.

"Let's let him finish what he started." Coach said looking at all of us. "Yeah." I agreed looking at Charlie. "We have a chance to win, Coach." Charlie sighed. "Damn straight we do." Bombay said as he brought Charlie away from the group.

"I want Guy to take it." I mocked Connie and she glared at me jokingly. "Yeah, Guy should definitely take it." Aspen joined in twisting her hair. "Shut up." Connie said laughing while pushing our shoulders.

We all cheered as Charlie skated out onto the ice. One, two, three, I counted as he skated closer to the goal. "The triple deke..." I muttered to myself. I helped him practice it a couple times after school on the lake.

We all cheered and yelled as he made the goal. "He did it! He did it!" Aspen shouted shaking my shoulders. "Go give your boyfriend a hug!"
I joked making her glare at me.

We all skated around hugging each other. "You did it, spaz-way." I ruffled his hair. "Thanks for letting me take it." He smiled. "Anytime. Now go ask Aspen out before I do it for you." I laughed pushing him towards the red headed girl.

I saw them both hug and spin around so I'm guessing he did it. "Finally." Averman muttered from next to me. "Come here, carrot head." I said hugging him. "Ow. Jeez your hugs hurt." Averman groaned rubbing his arm.

"Congrats, Tulip!" Hans came over and hugged me. "Thank you, Hans!" I smiled hugging him tighter.

-

"You guys! I'm so proud of you both. I'm gonna cry." Bianca said as me and Aspen walked out of the locker room. "Please don't." Aspen sighed as we walked up to her sister. "I think this deserves an ice cream celebration." Bianca smiled while we got into her car.

After every game we win, or try hard on, Bianca takes me Aspen, and sometimes Connie, for ice cream. It's a little tradition.

-

one more chapter omgg
I'm so excited for the next book I have such a good plot!