iii. skeleton stalker

CHAPTER THREE

' skeleton stalker '

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Thankfully, no one died in the car crash. Although Sam was mumbling about "seeing something" when they got to her. Kimberly hoped that she hadn't hit her head too hard.

She thought that after the past couple of days, she would catch a break. But unfortunately, that's not how things worked in Shadyside.

As the brunette walked towards her bedroom with a towel wrapped around her body, a small thud came from her room.

Maybe it's Simon, she thought, her heart rate rising. Yes, that would make sense. He comes over all the time through the window . . . Except earlier today, he said that he was going to be busy babysitting with Kate.

"Shit," Kimberly cursed, taking a shaky breath.

Her door was still open as she'd left it, and from where she was standing she could see that the clothes from her hamper were now scattered across the floor.

Kimberly froze.

There was someone— someone who was most definitely not Simon— standing in the doorway, staring at her. Whoever this person was, they had the whole skeleton costume on. But what really made Kimberly's breath hitch, was the bloody knife in their hand.

For what seemed like an eternity, Kimberly and this Skeleton-Man stared at each other, unmoving, until finally, the skeleton turned around and left out her window.

It took her a few minutes to gather herself and go into her room. She was partly afraid to see if whoever had broken in trashed her room completely, but when she went in, the only thing out of place was her hamper and the clothes that were in it. Everything else was exactly as she left it.

"What the hell . . ." Kimberly murmured, picking up the pants she'd worn the day before.

They were completely torn up.

For a few moments, Kimberly silently stared at her ruined pants, before bolting out of her room, grabbing a knife from her kitchen, and hurrying in the direction of Deena's house. Simon would have been her first option, but Deena's house was closer, only being a couple houses down.

She didn't know what that creep was doing in her room cutting up her pants, but she sure as hell wasn't going to stay there and wait for them to come back and do it to her.

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

"Wait a minute, he was at your house, too?"

About ten minutes after Kimberly arrived at Deena's place, Simon and Kate showed up— Kate looking much angrier than Simon. Simon was more nonchalant than anything, greeting Kimberly with a kiss on the head and making his way to the kitchen.

It seemed that the creep in the skeleton outfit not only payed a visit to Kimberly's house, but Deena and Kate's too.

"Mhm," Kate huffed. "God, I just want to kill that pervert!"

"But why would he even break in your guys' houses?" Deena questioned. "I just don't understand what he was doing."

"I have no idea, but I swear the next time I see him, I'm going to kill him. He ruined my favorite pair of jeans!" Kimberly ranted.

Simon shot her a half-confused, half-amused look.

"Weren't they already ruined after Sam bled all over them?"

"Well, I could fix that, but I can't really fix it after it's been torn to shreds!"

"Guys, focus!" Kate snapped. "The point is, he broke into two of our houses with a knife!"

"Woah, with the kids there?" Deena's younger brother, Josh, piped up, looking shocked. "That's wack."

Kate nodded at Josh, "That's fucking right, Josh. It is wack, thank you."

"He thinks that just 'cause he's dating Sam, he can waltz in here and mess with us," Kimberly fumed.

"You're right. Fuck this," Deena agreed. "Fuck Peter."

"Hello? Don't forget the most important part. Fuck Sam."

Deena nodded firmly.

"Yeah, fuck her. She needs to get her psycho boyfriend in check."