xv. shit hits the fan

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

' shit hits the fan '

' shit hits the
fan '

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Even though Lori's original beliefs were wavering, Cindy, apparently, was refusing to believe that anything supernatural could be a part of this.

"Alice, this isn't funny," she said, although her voice shook.

Alice shot her an incredulous look, "What, you think I carved her boyfriend's name into solid stone with my fingernails? Someone else did this."

The three girls looked back at the tunnel that connected back to the house. Alice and Cindy started towards it.

"Wait, what are you guys doing?" Lori asked, still standing near the stone.

"Going back," Alice replied, already crawling though the tunnel.

Cindy turned back to her older sister, "Aren't you coming?"

"I don't know, I have a really bad feeling."

Cindy looked concerned, but continued on to the main part of the house.

"We'll tell you if it's safe to come out, then."

Placing a hand on her stomach, Lori shut her eyes and breathed in deeply, trying to calm herself.

"Let's hope your daddy doesn't turn out to be a killer," she whispered. She wasn't sure whether or not she was trying to comfort herself, or her unborn child more.

But it seemed that luck was not on her side. Only a few seconds later, horrified screams arose, along with the sound of something, presumably a person, thudding and splattering.

Cindy and Alice scrambled out of the tunnel, yelling for Lori to come over and help push a bookshelf over. Right as the shelf hit the ground, Tommy, covered in blood and wielding an axe, entered the room.

Lori likely would have stayed frozen and been killed if her sister and Alice hadn't grabbed her and shoved her through the hole in the wall. Alice went through next, then Cindy.

As Cindy scrambled into the hole, Tommy grabbed onto her leg, making the girls let out a scream. Lori and Alice pulled her back, freeing her leg, but causing a cave-in in the process. Maybe it was a good thing, though, since it served as a kind of blockade from Lori's now murderous boyfriend.