Chapter 2- Shut up Remus!

TW: Panic Attack, Grieving Session, Talking About Death, Loss of Memory, Self-Deprecation, Mentions of Kidnapping.

September 8th | Six Months Since Remus's Death | Roman and Remus Meet Everyone Else

Mx. Wright, Roman's history teacher, sighed as they got up from their seat for the third time to pick up a book that kept falling. Remus had become bored and was messing with things again, pushing things over and causing cold spots, just to mess with the people in the classroom. The dead twin took great satisfaction and enjoyment in causing this chaos and by now Roman had learned to just ignore him. When he pushed the book off the desk for the fourth time, however, Mx. Wright rolled their eyes and flipped the book off before kicking their feet up on their desk, completely done with the mystery of gravity. They were a history teacher, not a science teacher. They don't get paid for that stuff.

The class was taking a test at the moment, so it was mostly silent for now. The thirty or so students sat in neat rows. By now some of them had finished the test and had flipped the thin packet over to doodle on. Mx. Wright was one of those teachers who would ask students to draw or write or whatever on the back of the test when they were done so that the other students wouldn't know who was or wasn't finished and didn't get stressed or self-conscious about being the last ones. The simplest of mistakes were usually made when students rushed so to 'not seem stupid'. About half the students had reached this point, Roman was not one of them.

Roman sat near the middle of the classroom and was looking down at his test with intense frustration. He hadn't had much time to study for this test, and he was not prepared.

To be fair, it wasn't his fault, he'd had a chemistry test the day before and an essay for English due on Friday. He'd been busy. Not to mention that it was hard to study when your twin brother was constantly bothering you, not that you could blame Remus. Six months of only being able to interact with other ghosts (who all seemed to find Remus as a nuisance) and Roman would leave anybody feeling lonely. Besides, whenever Remus messed with things at home it just made his parents act weird, so Remus tended to just stay with Roman and bother him.

Remus floated across the room towards Roman and leisurely hovered above him as he appeared over his shoulder and onto the paper. He locked eyes with one of the two other ghosts in the room, who had been shooting Remus a look of annoyance for most of class, and gave them a finger gun greeting before looking back at Roman. 'Why was the U.S reluctant to join ww2?' the paper asked.

"It's C," Remus whispered, not that others could hear him.

"It's not C," Roman whispered back.

"Yes, it is." Remus sang lightly.

"No, it's not, shut up."

"Roman," Mx. Wright said, Roman looked up, "Quietly please."

"Sorry," Roman said as he turned back to his test. The ghost who had been giving Remus dirty looks raised an eyebrow at the brothers and nudged the student he had been floating over. The student looked up from their flower they had been drawing and glanced towards them.

"Roman. Circle C. It's C Roman. Circle C."

"It's not even a multiple-choice question, stop it"

"That's why you should choose C. You'll confuse them. What a power move."

Roman rolled his eyes, "I'm ignoring you now."

"You'll never be rid of me"

*****

Roman sighed as he handed his test to the front of the class with the other students. It was full of doodles he had drawn when he should've been concentrating and seeing as there were a couple of questions he had left blank he was pretty sure he'd be getting a note from his teacher when the grades came back. That's how it usually went. He estimated he had about a week before that happened, which gave him a week to find out if Mx. Wright allowed students to retake tests or not and study appropriately.