Chapter 16- A Roman Garcia Thanksgiving

I wrote this chapter over a year ago. It was supposed to be a Thanksgiving Special for 2022 but life decided to say nope. Sorry for not updating sooner though. I'm trying to get back on track with my stories, the good news is one of my books has like 20 drafts ready to be published. The bad news is, it's the only one of my books where I'm comfortable with how many chapters it has. (This ones almost there though. Just 2 more and we'll be all set) But yeah... I'm a terrible person for not updating more. Anyway! Without further adu a VERY late Thanksgiving Special

TW: Medication mention, Thanksgiving, Alcohol Mention

November 25th | Nine Months Since Remus Died | Roman is very nervous about Thanksgiving, and his new meds aren't helping him. No they aren't. Not one bit.

"You can't put milk in the casserole Mama," Roman argued as he helped his mother with thanksgiving dinner

"Roman, I know how to cook," his mother said, but Roman caught her wrist before she could measure out the milk.

"Logan and his family are Jewish Mama. And they eat Kosher. The casserole already has beef in it, so you cant mix regular milk. That's why I had dad buy almond milk." Roman explained as he capped the jug of milk and replaced it with the milk alternative.

His mother sighed slightly but smiled at her son's kindness and willingness to accommodate for others, "Alright, alright," his mother said, "You finish here, I'm going to help your father with the cleaning up, I swear that man wouldn't know the difference between a mop and a broom if he was smacked over the head with one." Roman and his mother both giggled slightly at the joke, another thing the twins both had in common with their father was that all three of them could be unsufferably messy, though Roman was slightly better than the other two. "Go get changed when you're done, and please wash your face Roman, you have flour everywhere."

"Okay, no problem. Oh-!" Roman said, and turned to his mother swiftly, "Real quick, just in case I'm not done before they get here. Patton is going by she/her pronouns today. Patton is out to her parents, so no need to worry about that. Her family is bringing deserts, which you know. Logan has two dads, Caleb and Michael. Caleb is the Jewish one and he's the one Logan calls Abba. Also, Logan wanted me to give you a heads up that they're bringing us plants, and that his father, Michael, is probably gonna nerd out about them. But honestly there's a good chance he might do the same thing so its a bit hypocritical."

Roman's mother stared blankly at her son as she tried to sort through the information that had been practically thrown at her, but eventually, she gave a small smile and nodded, "Patton uses she/her pronouns. Logan has two dads. And everyone is bringing something with them. Got it, now stop your worrying, you've been anxious all week." 

Roman only smiled and hummed in response as he turned back to finish the dish in front of him, his mother going into the other room to help his father. Ten minutes later and Roman slid the tray in the oven, setting a timer and letting his parents know just in case, before dashing up the stairs to change. The temporary outfit he had put on this morning after his shower was filthy with all sorts of ingredients from the food he had helped prepare. And judging by the cranberry jam that had somehow found its way into his hair, a second shower was going to be required. With a small sigh and a smile, Roman gathered his clothes and headed to the bathroom.

There was still plenty of time before their guests arrived, so Roman allowed himself to enjoy his shower. He even took the energy to play some show tunes which he sang and danced along to with absolutely no shame. After making sure his whole person was free of flour, jam, and what he seriously hoped was Green bean casserole, Roman stepped out of the shower. Songs continued to play in the background as he dried off and changed into a pair of khakis, a white button-up shirt, and a red knitted sweater. He had to just about attack his own hair with a hairbrush because even after the shower the jam had made it hard to comb through, and put on just a little bit of makeup.