Chapter 7- Roman takes Home Friends

Tw: Therapy, Physiatrist, Medication

October 28th | Eight Months Since Remus Died | Roman's Parents Meet His Future Boyfriend(s)

It had been three weeks since Roman and Remus had told everyone how Remus had passed away. In those three weeks, Roman had begun to improve. His parents gave all the credit to his therapist, whom he visited twice a week, and currently wanted him to get a check-up with a psychiatrist to prescribe him medication. Roman credited his new friends.

They didn't let him run any more. If he ever started showing signs that he was gonna do so Deceit was usually the first to notice and would tell everyone to shut up, sometimes bluntly, sometimes subtly. If that didn't work, or Deceit didn't notice, and Roman actually ran, Patton was the one who ran after him and would bring him back. They also usually gave him food after a crying session, which Roman appreciated.

Anxiety helped too. In his own ways. The two of them bantered a lot which could sometimes turn into a real fight since both could be a bit sensitive. They both had the tendency of saying stuff they didn't mean when things got too intense, and they didn't always like to apologize. But he did help, Anxiety helped him with the times when all he wanted to do was cry and scream and yell and just feel. He knew how those feelings felt and how to help with them. Sometimes he would help Roman himself, other times he would have to have Logan or Patton do it. It was good to have someone there during those times, Remus and his parents didn't know how to help during times like those and so would just let him do it and sometimes that would just make him feel more alone.

Remus had made friends with the others too. He got along best with Dee and Patton but had recently made friends with the ghost of an old lady who lived in the house next door. So the twins weren't always together anymore, but in some ways that was good. It was more like it had been when Remus was alive, yes the two were very close, but they also had their own things going on. It was refreshing for Roman to be away from Remus and know that his twin wasn't avoiding him because of Roman's feelings.

And then there was Logan...

Logan helped him a lot, like more than anybody else. Roman had learned that the nerd had a bit of a sweet spot. He helped out with his homework, quite a bit actually. The first time they met to study upon Roman's return he had dropped a large stack of papers onto the table, claimed it was everything Roman had missed while he was gone then threw the papers off his desk and told him he lied and it was just to give them both perspective. He was good at pulling Roman out of the library and towards the others. And he liked to talk, it distracted them both and Logan knew that sometimes that was what Roman needed, that was something Roman really liked about him.

They both really liked to talk. Logan would talk about all sorts of things, science, stars, animals, books, math, and plants. Boy did he like plants, it was adorable, really. Logan also didn't mind it when Roman talked about his own things either. He didn't mind when Roman would speak excitedly about his interests, specifically about the books or screenplays he liked to read.

Roman was pretty sure he was falling for the nerd. But that wasn't his fault, it was hard not to fall for such a smart, handsome, kind, and adorable nerd like him. In fact, it was probably impossible not to fall for him, Roman reasoned. Yes, anybody who could resist this cupid's arrow was insane for sure.

They were all on the way to his house now. It was the first time Roman had invited anybody over since moving in. Until now, his excuse had been that the house wasn't fully unpacked yet, but this last weekend his father had unpacked the last box and they were 'officially' moved in so that wasn't an option anymore. Well, he supposed he could lie but Remus would call him out in an instant, Deceit might too, he was pretty good at telling what was a lie or not.