Chapter 4- Roman Feels Dumb and Logan's Not Helping

September 14th | Six Months Since Remus Died | The Author Implements a cliche method to get people to fall in love

Roman sighed as he stared down at his history test from the week before. Sitting on the table was another test and a small pile of other assignments from throughout the week. Most of them were marked lowly, including the test. One of his other teachers, not his history teacher, wanted to talk to him tomorrow after school. He wasn't surprised, this wasn't uncommon. Surprisingly, Remus was the one who had gotten the 'Smart Genes'.

He was sitting in the school library, Remus was wandering the aisles in hopes of finding a book he had been quite fond of in life. Roman had promised that if he could find it, he'd rent it out for him and help him hold it or flip the pages or whatever. It would've been too difficult to look for Remus's old copy, and asking their parents for help probably wasn't a good idea.

Regardless of that, Roman was in the library in hopes of getting some actual studying done. It probably didn't matter. No matter how much he studied, Roman never seemed to retain the information for very long and would only end up failing again. He didn't exactly consider himself 'smart'. How could he when he was barely able to maintain a C average in most of his core classes, the only exception being English.

"Did you draw those?" A familiar voice asked, making Roman jump slightly in fright before he turned to look at who had spoken.

"Jesus Logan, you scared me. What do you want?"

"Patton would like to know if you wanted to join us on a trip to the ice cream parlor."

"Can't, sorry. I'm studying. I need to get good grades or else my parents will ground me."

"Did you draw those?" Logan repeated as he took a seat next to Roman.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah." Roman put the test on top of the pile of papers, noticeably face down to cover up the poor marks. "Something you need?"

"They're good."

"They're just doodles, and I shouldn't have drawn them. I should have focused on the test." Roman said, growling at himself slightly as he pulled out a new folder and began working on his homework. Logan frowned and reached for the test, Roman didn't stop him. Whatever, they were bound to find out he was stupid at some point.

Logan hummed as he looked through the test before reaching for some of his other assignments and looking through those as well. Eventually, he put down the papers and looked at Roman, "You're very bad at Math." Logan told him.

Roman laughed fakely, "Really? I had no idea. The large red D- on the paper told me nothing."

"It's a D+ actually," Logan corrected.

Roman shrugged, it made him feel slightly better, "Guess I need to work on percentages too. I'll add it to my list."

"You're also very bad at memorizing formulas, and dates and names."

"I get it, Logan. I already know this stuff. I really need to study, could you not talk so much?"

"What is your preferred method of studying?" Logan asked.

"What?" Roman asked, and Logan repeated the question. "I don't know. I read the textbook and take notes. I didn't know there were different methods of studying."

"Of course there are. Let me see your notes." It wasn't a request, though he wasn't exactly demanding it either, and Roman handed him one of his notebooks. He watched as the other looked over it for a few minutes before Logan gestured to hand him another one, and then another until they had worked through all of his notebooks for each class. Logan put them down and slid them to Roman, "I see the problem now. You're terrible at studying."