Chapter 10- Therapy is Scary Man

TW: Therapy, Mentions Of Remus's Death, 

November 3rd | Eight Months Since Remus Died | Roman goes to therapy and he is not enjoying it guys.

"Roman!" Remus whined, "I'm bored! Can't we do anything fun?"

"No," Roman said, "Now shut up if Mrs. Morris catches me talking to you then-"

The sound of the door opening made Roman clamp up and grip the leather couch cushions tightly as Mrs. Morris, his therapist, walked in. Mrs. Morris was a middle-aged woman with long, dark brown hair, often pulled into a bun. She was almost unnervingly skinny with long thin limbs. Her whole body reminded Remus of a skeleton. She had dark blue eyes with dark glasses that she was always lowering to give Roman an uncertain look.

She paused at the door as she closed it behind her, and raised an eyebrow at him, "Is everything alright Roman?"

Roman nodded stiffly, "Yeah, just... I was talking to a friend. Hung up though, sorry."

"uhuh," Mrs. Morris said in a way that told Roman she really doubted his half-hearted and terrible lie. She sat down in the armchair across from him with a notebook in her lap. "How was your week Roman? Did you have fun on Halloween?"

Roman nodded, "Uhm, yeah, I-I went out with friends to a party."

"Oh? And how was that?"

"Uhm..." Roman began uncertainly, "I-I had a mini panic attack," he admitted slowly.

"You did? Any idea why?"

Roman nodded, "Uhm, my friends went to get us some soda and snacks and left me alone and then I guess I got a bit overwhelmed."

Mrs. Morris scribbled something in the notebook, "And did you calm yourself down?"

Roman shrugged before shaking his head, "N-no. One of my friends came back and led me away. He calmed me down and then we just talked for the rest of the night."

"Which friend was this?"

"Anx-" Roman cut himself off and Mrs. Morris gave him an odd look, "Uhm, sorry. His name is... Xavier?"

"You don't sound so sure," Mrs. Morris commented.

'That's cause I'm not.' Roman thought as he shifted slightly, "Sorry, I'm sure, sorry."

"Alright, and what did you and Xavier talk about?" 

Roman looked uncertainly towards where Remus was wandering the room. Remus glanced at him and with his eyes, Roman gestured for Remus to leave the room. "Roman?" Mrs. Morris asked. Roman continued to silently tell Remus to leave the room until finally Remus sighed and went towards the door. "Roman?"

"Yeah," Roman said as he turned towards the therapist, "Sorry, I was thinking, sorry."

"It's fine," Mrs. Morris glanced to where Roman was looking at before sighing, "So what did you talk about?"

"...boys" he mumbled.

"That nice, is Xavier also Bi or gay?"

"Uhm, gay I think," Roman muttered, he wasn't really sure. Crushes weren't a topic of conversation between all six of them. 

"And you're close?"

Roman nodded, "Yeah. Closer to him than to his friend... Justin." 

"Justin?"

"Yeah, the three of us hang out with Logan and Patton. But yeah. Xavier and Justin."

Mrs. Morris cleared her throat as she looked through her notes, "Whatever happened to Jack and Gabe?"