Chapter 6- Roman Tells His Secret

GUYS! Winster made a new cover again! Look at it! Patton's in a skirt, and they have long(ish) hair! And it's beautiful. And Roman is SHORT! (Both of these details are accurate btw) And Remus looks like Connor from DEH which is honestly totally in character and look at Janus! Oooh! His smile! And hat! And Logan looks adorable with all his books and omfg MAKE THEM STOP! I don't deserve such beautiful covers! Once again, I encourage all you wonderful people to give Winstermagic a big round of applause and a pat on the back. Make sure to check out their profile to check out some more of their wonderful artwork. Thanks again winter, love you loads! This looks awesome!

TW: Anxiety, Fear of Being Treated Different/Coddled, Mentions of D.I.D, Talking About Remus's Death (TW for that is at the bottom to avoid spoilers), Hospital Mention, Bullying Mention.

October 4th | Seven Months Since Remus Died | Roman goes back to school.

Roman hadn't gone back to school since he ran away a week in a half ago. At first the excuse had been because he did indeed end up catching a cold but after that it had been for mental health reasons. The therapist had suggested it and his parents had been quick to agree with her. Roman couldn't find within himself to care anymore. If they were going to treat him like a fragile piece of glass then he couldn't exactly stop them.

But he could stop the others from thinking that.

He and Remus had come to a decision. They needed to tell the others how he died. Then they'd stop asking questions. Then Roman could accept it and his parents wouldn't think he needed to talk to some fancy doctor. Then the door would open to a bunch of other stuff.

Roman sniffled, the last bit of his cold still having a slight effect on him, as he packed his school bag, slipping in a picture frame with the rest of his things, and walked down the steps. His father was rushing around the living room in search of something, it was his second week at the middle school and still a nervous wreck. His mother was talking to someone on the phone, probably about boring law stuff. He slipped into the kitchen, grabbing a pop tart from the pantry as well as a box of Thin Mints.

"No, I'm not doing that, hold on one second- Roman, I hope you don't plan on eating those all on your own."

Roman rolled his eyes, as if he was the only person here guilty of committing such an act, "They're for Patton and Logan, I still haven't apologized."

"We told you to do that a week ago."

"It's hard to apologise to people when you don't have their number," he reasoned, though obviously he had other ways to talk to them. He had just been avoiding it... like he did with everything. He glanced over at Remus's ghost who was gesturing towards the door and nodded to him, "I gotta go, see you later-"

"Ah, ah, ah," His mother said, the onmatapia stopped him in his tracks and he groaned as he watched her grab cough medicine from a cabinet and ziplock bag of cough drops. "Open," she demanded. Roman did as he was told, grimacing when the terrible artificial flavor of grape passed down his throat. His mother tucked the ziplock bag into his pocket and pressed a kiss to his head, "If it gets too hard, you need to call us or tell someone. I've already emailed all your teachers, they've promised their support. You need to use it if you need it."

Roman resisted the urge to sigh as he nodded, said one more quick goodbye to both his parents before finally getting out the door. He took a moment to down some water from his bottle to get the taste of the nasty medicine his mother gave him before following Remus to the bus. He was very talkative today, going on a crazy rant about... something Roman would rather not repeat.