Everything has changed 2- Alec

After having found out Alec had gotten married to Lydhia who his parents had introduced him to you had been devastated

You of course still wanted to be happy for your best friend, even if it was hard when you still harbored such strong feelings for him. You had been so sure he had felt the same way, and now you just felt stupid for thinking he would have, and if he had that he would have waited 5 years for you.

You put all this anger and sadness into each punch you threw at the punching bag that was hanging from the wall in the training room.

You could feel the skin of your knuckles sting even though the tape you had wrapped around your hands as you had been going at it for the last hour.

"I'm. So. Fucking. Stupid." You grunted out, landing a punch after every word.

You could suddenly hear someone enter the room and you whipped your head around to see Alec walking towards you.

"So this is where you have been hiding?" He said with a smile as he reached you.

You bent down to grab your water bottle from off the floor and took a long swig before you wiped some sweat away from your forehead.

"I have a lot on my mind. This helps" you said gesturing towards the punching bag.

"I can see that, your hands are almost all torn up" Alec said as he looked at your hands.

You looked at them too and saw red stains developing underneath the white tape. "It's fine, I'll heal" you answered curtly.

"Look, [Y/N], have I done something?" Alec suddenly asked when he noticed your strange behaviour.

"No, why would you think that?" You said as you glanced up at the tall hunter, immediately feeling a twinge in your heart as your gaze locked with his.

"It feels like you've been avoiding me ever since you got here" he said as his brows furrowed slightly.

You were just about to respond when you could suddenly hear the sound of heels walking across the floor.

"There you are honey, I've been looking all over for you" a blonde woman said as she walked up to Alec and wrapped a slender arm across his waist.

Alec looked down at her with a slight smile before he turned to face you again. "[Y/N], this is Lydhia, my wife"

You gave the woman a quick once over and could instantly see why Alec would marry her, she was perfect.

"You're [Y/N]? Alec has talked so much about you, it's nice to finally meet you" she said with a wide smile.

"Likewise, but I really have to get going I promised Jace I would help him practice some swords skills" you said, feeling a lump build up in your throat as tears started to spring up in your eyes.