T E S T

Vivienne was stressed, it was Sunday and the very next day she would have her first test and she was in no way prepared.

No matter how long she pent staring at her notes they just wouldn't go into her head, the only good thing that had came from the week-end was that Vivienne had finally figured out a response for Mr Monroe.

Deciding it was time to take a break Vivienne headed out, locking the door behind her knowing her roommate wasn't home. Heading towards Mr Monroe's office Vivienne was almost sure he couldn't be there seeing as it was Sunday but found no harm in trying and he not she could just text him her answer.

Vivienne knocked against the door not expecting a response leaning against it. Not expecting anything Vivienne began to push herself up off the door when the door was pulled out from in under her.

Vivienne landed with a thud on the ground, a shriek escaping her as she fell, her eyes automatically closing. When Vivieene opened her eyes she could see Mr Monroe standing above her a concerned look resting on his face.

A hand was held out in front of her which she used to pull herself up, wondering if staying on the floor would have been a better option to escape the embarrassment.

"Are you okay?"

"Im alright, Im sorry about that I didn't expect you to be here."

Mr Monroe gave her a disproving look "No need to apologize."

He held the door open allowing Vivienne to pass through, heading straight to a chair at his desk, watching as Mr Monroe made his way back to his chair, the absence of his cane not going un-noticed by her as she took notice of the limp he possessed.

"How can I help you Ms Lavigne?"

Vivienne at this stage was wondering if it would have been a better option to of just sent him a text. "I wasn't busy so I said I would come tell you my answer in person."

Mr Monroe hummed waiting for her to go on. "I've decided I would like the position, of course only if it's still there."

"Of course, I'll have your schedule printed and I will ring you when you are needed, is there any specific times you are unavailable of wish for me not to contact you."

Vivienne thought for a minute to herself, she really always was free her lack of friends was one of the reasons Vivienne decided to take the job and the fact she would be around Mr Monroe didn't sound appealing either.

"No im pretty much always free."

Vivienne could tell by the raise of his eyebrow he had wanted to ask more but refrained.

Vivienne hadn't stayed long in Mr Monroes office but the break had been nice but as Vivienne awoke late Mondoy morning she decided maybe it would have been a better idea to continue studying.

Vivienne threw things in her bag, scampering to get ready practically flinging herself out the door but all in vain as she reached her classroom to find the door closed.

When Vivienne opened the door all eyes were on her including Professor Dalloway's "Sorry Im late." Vivienne meekly apologized heading straight up to her seat where a test had been placed, looking around she noticed everyone else had already started theirs.

Routing down into her bag Vivienne only then found she was without a pen or pencil looking around the room desperately but no one was really near her and anyone that was, was deep into their test and Vivienne didn't want to disturb them.

All the stress was building up and Vivienne could feel tears building up, no she couldn't cry not here and not over this.

Vivienne only looked up from her desk when a pencil was thrust in front of her face, following the hand up to Professor Dalloway who was giving her a pained smile. "Thank you" Vivienne whispered taking the pencil from his hand opening the paper to the first page.

Vivienne nearly wished she hadn't opened the page as what might as well of been a jumble of words appeared in front of her, none of it was making sense.

Vivienne had only just began to get the hang of it just getting into the swing of things when the bell sounded through the room, Vivienne was shocked she had barley answered half of the test and she hadn't even been that late.

Students began to leave the room handing their paper to Professor Dalloway who stood by the door on their way out, some looking happy others rather anxious.

Vivienne kept her eyes to the ground as she made her way to Mr Dalloway handing over her paper getting ready to escape the room so she could get home before she broke down into sobs only to be pulled back rather harshly by Mr Dalloway who had allowed the door to slam shut.

When Vivienne looked up at Mr Dalloway he was looking down at her test flicking through pages, he gave her a disappointed look though the soft tone he spoke in helped the guilt Vivienne felt at disappointing him "Vivienne what happened."

Vivienne broke into sobs then and there, she never had done well with stress. "Im sorry Professor I tried I really did, I promise."

Vivienne hadn't expected to be pulled into her professors arms, she also hadn't expected to find herself so comfortable as she wrapped her arms around him sobbing into his chest.

Mr Dalloways hand rubbed up and down her back as Vivienne sobbed cooing sweet words at her "Hush love, its okay."

When it fully came to Vivienne's mind she pulled away wiping her tears. "Im sorry s-professor that was inappropriate."

And without letting Mr Dalloway say a single word, Vivienne was out of the room.