T A L K

Vivienne couldn't get the kiss off her mind and it wasn't the kiss with Carlos she was thinking about. No instead of the boy who was close to her age, gentle and had been nothing but nice to her even asking her permission for a kiss Vivienne was thinking of her teacher and the way he'd pinned her to the wall smothering her lips with his own and his college who had dragged her over his knee.

Carlos had text her apologizing profusely. It was clear to Vivienne that Luke hadn't told Carlos about the hickeys or anything else when Carlos commented sorry he was about Luke having to come back for her.

Vivienne's classes were over for the day and Vivienne found herself feeling lost. She didn't have Mr Dalloway's class on a Wednesday and Mr Monroe had messages Vivienne telling her she wouldn't be needed for the rest of the week due to most professors having a mandatory meeting to decide weather a new course would be added to the schools program or not because of this classes had also been canceled for the rest of the week.

"Hi Mary." Vivienne greeted as she made her way up to the counter to order. "Hello dear, the usual I assume?" Vivienne nodded handing Mary the money for the coffee and making her way over to what was quickly becoming her table.

"Now there you go, might warm you up from the cold outside."

Mary took a seat across from Vivienne, cradiling her own coffee in her hands "How are you?" Vivienne smiled, she loved talking to Mary. "I'm good, and you?"

"Im fine, the cafe has been busy but that's god, busy means more money for me."

No one else was in the cafe and the conversation had dulled, Vivienne's lip finding its was in between her teeth is contemplation. "I like someone."

Mary laughed "I knew there was someone that jumper of yours is doing nothing to hide thoose marks all over your neck you might as well not wear it, who are they? Is it that handsome young man you were here with the other day." Vivienne blushed deep red, she had to tell someone and she could trust Mary.

"No that was Carlos he's a-" Vivienne hesitated slightly not quite sure what Carlos was, he was a friend wasn't he, a friend who had kissed her? "A friend, Carlos is just a friend."

"Well who is he then?"

"He is quite a bit older than me."

Mary scoffed "Whats a few years?" Vivienne wasn't too sure weather Mary was getting quite how big those few years were. "Mary he is forty." Well that wasn't a lie, from the time Vivienne had spent on-line she had found out that Mr Monroe was forty and Mr Dalloway was thirty nine.

Mary was quite for a few minutes before she shrugged "My husband was eighteen years older than me and we worked out just fine until the old hag went and died on me."

Though Mary's tone was light Vivienne could hear the underlying sadness. Vivienne gave many a sad smile "What was he like?" Mary sighed "He was a moody grump." Mary stared into space for a minute before continuing "He loved me though." Mary turned to look at Vivienne seeming as though she wanted Vivienne to understand exactly what she was saying.

"You listen to me Vivienne and you listen good, people will try to shame you and tell you that you are wrong but never let anyone tell you who you can and can't love, people will judge you no matter what all that matters is that you love him and he loves you and this goes for anyone not just this man you like now whoever you find yourself with, if you love them never let them go age is simply just a number and whoever this man is I truly hope they cherish you."

"Men." Vivienne corrected blindly before realizing what she had said her hands coming up to cover her mouth once it had registered. "Vivienne Lavigne do you mean to tell me you have feelings for not one but two forty year old men?"

Vivienne nodded looking at the ground in shame, Mary had been so understanding about the whole older man thing, what was she going to think of Vivienne now?

"Neither of them are married are they? Divorces can get messy and you would have to leave it a while after so it wouldn't seem like an affair was taking place, your not having an affair with them are you? Make sure you hide i-"

"Mary no, Gods no I would never." Vivienne interrupted "Neither of them are married."

Mary hummed "Even if they were it wouldn't matter you wouldn't be the one cheating is all i'm trying to tell you." For a woman of Mary's age one would expect her to shy away from topics like this or try advice Vivienne against it but Mary seemed to be all for it.

Mary in general seemed a lot younger than she was often converting with her younger customers telling Vivienne about the many different things that had happened often telling Vivienne that gossip was way more important than anything you would find in a newspaper. 'Gossip keeps away the wrinkles' Mary had once told Vivienne.

It once again went silent until Mary said something that by now Vivienne shouldn't have been as shocked to hear from the but alas it wasn't something Vivienne had ever been expecting to be asked.

"So which one had the bigger co-"

Vivienne chocked on her coffee.