C A R L O S

"Thank you Mary." Vivienne smiled as her latte was placed in front of her. Mary, the woman who owned the cafe sat down across from Vivienne crossing her hands in front of her. Mary's eyes scanned over Viviennes face "How are you dear?"

Vivienne let her smile drop she didn't want to dump things on Mary but she had no one else to talk to "I miss home."

Mary had seen it time and time again students who just couldn't quite settle into college. Mary had grown rather fond of Vivienne and didn't like seeing her upset or alone but Mary would not lie to the girl and tell her it would get easier as for some it never did college just wasn't for them. "I know its not much but your always welcome here Vivienne any time of the day, Ill leave you my number so you have that as well and feel free to contact me at any time."

Mary reached across the table and gave Vivienne's hand a quick squeeze in assurance as customers began to come in. "I need to go but do come up and say goodbye before you leave im sorry I can't stay longer but remember what I said."

After Mary left Vivienne took her time drinking her latte staring into space not quite ready to go back to her dorm, even the cafe where the door was constantly opening and closing was warmer than her dorm had ever felt.

"Vivienne?"

Vivienne looked up and made contact with familiar dark brown eyes "Carlos, nice to see you again."

A smile spread across Carlos's face "Can I sit?" Vivienne nodded not going to oppose to the company she had been craving. "I never did apologies for running into you the other day, I was a bit of a wanker."

Vivienne laughed at the term he had referred to himself as. "Its okay honestly I was in a rush and wasn't paying attention to where I was going it was my fault." Carlos shook his head "How about we put it behind us?"

"Id like that."

Vivienne held out her hand. "Im Vivienne" Carlos eyed Vivienne's hand "We're really starting from the very beginning?" Vivienne nodded. Carlos let out a dramatic sigh "Thank fuck, that means you can't tell anyone that you sent me to my ass bloody embarrassing that was." Vivienne giggled as Carlos shook her hand "No promises."

Carlos began to protest but Vivienne was relentless insisting that she couldn't make that promise even though she knew she didn't have anyone to tell.

Carlos ended up offering to buy Vivienne another coffee and she simply couldn't refuse so the pair sat in the cafe for over an hour talking and laughing. Vivienne was happy, happy she had a friend at least she hoped Carlos would become a friend but judging from the ace in her belly from laughing Vivienne assumed they would.

"So there's my wanker of a friend trying to convince the police that we hadn't done anything while we were both pissed and he was hiding this big ass traffic cone behind him."

Viviennes head was thrown back with laughter at this stage everything was funny to her well apparently not everything because as her head lifted and her eyes made contact with none other than Mr Dalloways eyes her laughter came to a halt. He looked furious.

Vivienne began to look around her trying to figure out who he was glaring at but couldn't seem to figure out who it could be especialy considering there wasn't many in the cafe at the current time, most of the heavy crowd having left, until she followed his gaze and noticed his vicious stare was directed at Carlos.

Whatever Carlos had done to get on Mr Dalloways bad side Vivienne didn't know but she nearly was ready to ask Carlos himself, anything to figure out what it was so she could avoid doing it, she would probably cry is he looked at her like that, it was scary.

Mr Dalloway appeared to have been talking to Mary but Vivienne wasn't too sure as he was quick to leave. Carlos must have noticed the glare because he turned to Vivienne as soon as the door had closed questioning her. "You saw that too right?"

"Mr Dalloway?"

Carlos's eyebrows furrowed "You know him?"

"Yeah he's one of my professors." One that she happened to have a crush on but Vivienne decided that wasn't exactly something you tell someone you just became friends with.

"What was his problem?" Carlos huffed.

"I had him in my first year in college but iv'e never really spoken to him other than answering a question, he wasn't a bad teacher." Vivienne shrugged not being able to come up with a reason for Mr Dalloway to be glaring at Carlos.

"What year are you in?" Vivienne asked eyebrows furrowing when Carlos spoke about his first year in past tense, she had forgotten to ask that.

"This is my third, you?"

Vivienne had automatically assumed that Carlos was in her year for some reason and never thought otherwise she couldn't really consider him much older than her though given her own personal older taste, compared to Vivienne's current infatuation Carlos was young. How old was Mr Monroe and Professor Dalloway? Vivienne would have to google them again when she went home.

"Its my first year." Vivienne responded finally rembering the question. Carlos hummed "I thought so, I hadn't seen you around before."

Vivienne hadn't stayed much longer, Carlos walking her home as it was getting late. He had asked her to stay later but Vivienne refused wanting to get home before it was too late especially considering she had class with Mr Dalloway early the next morning, if he was still in a bad mood she didn't want to be late.