S U C K

Vivienne had both enjoyed and hated her week.

The subtle ways Killian had begun to take control over her were near miss-able but Vivienne had caught on at least she thought she had if the way he would ring her at night to make sure she was heading to sleep soon, the way he would always make sure she had eaten and the way his gaze would follow her were anything to go by.

Vivienne had not yet found time to tell Mikael, he always seemed to be in a rush when she approached him though Vivienne had nearly been sure he was avoiding her.

It was late in the evening and dark out by the time Killian had text Vivienne to see if she could come to his office and while he had insisted on collecting her Vivienne had argued that it was pointless and only a short walk away reassuring him that she would be fine.

Whilst Vivienne hated being cold she had always found winter to be her favorite month the subtle smell of smoke in the air from someones fire always making her feel warmer than she was.

The lack of lights had Vivienne hurrying to Killian's office eager to seek safety in his office from the eerie corridors. Giving a slight knock to the door Vivienne opened it walking straight in as he had previously instructed her to do.

Killian was sitting at his desk eye's on his computer screen seemingly engrossed in his work, not even noticing Vivienne's presence in the doorway until moments later.

"Hi." Vivienne wasn't sure were the sudden nerves had came from but sure enough they were there. "Hello."

Killian seemed tired yet there was a gentle smile on his face as he scanned Vivienne's face. "Is there something you need me to do?"

"No"

Killian began to get up from his desk making his way over to him armchair without the use of his cane. "No?"

"That is what I said isn't it?"

"Then why am I here." Even to her own ears the words sounded rude yet Vivienne knew it stemmed from her confusion, nevertheless she followed it by an apology.

"You're okay I know it's quite late so if you would like me to take you home that's fine, I only asked you to come because I wanted to spend some time with you when neither of us is doing other things."

"No!" Vivienne coughed to cover up her enthusiasm. "I mean I would like to stay"

Killian's amusement was clear through his eye's even still when he beckoned a nervous Vivienne over to his side. Vivienne slowly made her way over after hanging her coat until she was standing by the side of the armchair not quite sure what she was meant to do.

With a pat to his leg Killian made his directions clear. "Sit."

"On your lap? I don't want to hurt you."

The glare that was sent Vivienne's way had her moving to settle herself on his lap resting most of her wight on her own legs which were still on the ground. Killian grasped Vivienne's hip pulling her back into him and shuffling her around until she was in a position her liked, her head resting against her chest.

"Comfortable?"

Vivienne hummed wriggling slightly before allowing herself to relax into Killian's arms immediately tensing when his hand began to slide her hair tie from her hair and run his fingers through her curls, eventually just giving up and brushing her hair away from her in what was nearly a petting motion.

"I still haven't spoken to Mr D- Mikael, I think he is avoiding me."

Killian's chest shook as he laughed he hand pausing for a minute. "He is avoiding you, he thinks your going to say no and frankly he doesn't want to hear it."