Megumi x Reader: Why Not Me?🌸

(Thought of Mitski so bam)

I put on my sweater and put my hair up in the mirror, finishing up the final touches before leaving my dorm. I walked down to Itadori's room to meet him there since the two of us and Megumi and Nobara were going out. "Hey, open up.", I said as I knocked on his door. He hurried to the door and swung it open, letting me in. "Hey, Y/n!", he said as he rummaged through his drawers, wearing only his boxers. I rolled my eyes as I plopped onto his bed, "Why aren't you ready yet?", I said as I pulled out my phone. He put on his pants, "I'm not even gonna lie...", he said before pausing and facing me.

"Don't tell me actually.", I said which caused him to laugh. My phone suddenly rang. "Hey Meg.", I said to him on the other line. "Hi Y/n, are you ready? I'm heading over to your dorm right now.", he responded. I smiled, "I'm actually in Yuuji's room so come over here.". "Oh.", he said, "I'm on my way.".

He hung up and I placed my phone on Yuuji's bed. He threw on his shirt and put on his sweater, "You know... Megumi's been weird to me lately.", he said. I looked at him confused, as he plopped down, laying next to me, "What do you mean?", I asked him. He turned to face me with a frown on his face, "He's just been rea-". We heard a knock on the door. He sighed and got up to open the door, "Hey Megs!!", he said, enthusiastically. "Hi,", he said as Yuuji let him in, "Hey, Y/n.". "What's up Megumi.", I responded, getting off Yuuji's bed. "You guys ready?", he asked with a stoic look to which Yuuji and I nodded.

Yuuji led us out of his room and we made our way to Nobara who was waiting for us at her car she just got. She was leaning on her door before she saw us, smiling and waving us over. "I CALL SHOTGUN!!!", Yuuji yelled as he ran to the passenger's seat. I giggled and jogged up behind him, opening the back seat before peering up and waving Megumi over, "Come on! You're in the back with me!". He smiled and followed me, getting in after me. "You guys take forever!", Nobara said while rolling her eyes. "Hey that was Yuuji, he wasn't even changed when I got to his room. All he was wearing were his boxers.", I said as I flicked him on the back of his head. "Ouch! Shut up oh my god.", he complained. Megumi just groaned and rolled his eyes.

Yuuji started telling Nobara about Megan Thee Stallions new song and they both began fangirling. "Yo Megs, you okay?", I asked as he looked out the door window, seeming ticked off. He shrugged and I placed my hand in his, "Are you tired? Upset?", he turned over to me, his cheeks slightly red. "I'm okay... really...", he said. I knew he was lying, I just wish he'd talk to me. I pulled out my headphones and handed him one, "Here, let's listen to music together.". He reluctantly took the headphone and put it in his ear, easing up his muscles as I wrapped my hand in his. He looked at me, blushing, and I smiled at him.

About thirty minutes later, we arrived to the mall and Nobara found a parking space. She got out, Yuuji getting out at the same time. Megumi opened the door and got out, giving me his hand so I could get out too. I closed the door behind me, Megumi looking at me with a small smile on his face. "Y/N COME HERE!!", Yuuji squealed as he grabbed my arm, dragging me to the entrance as I giggled behind him.

Megumi's POV

There she went again... with him. She followed him, laughing with him. "You should do something about that.". I turned to Nobara who placed her arm on my shoulder and leaned. "What?", I asked. "You're really easy to read y'know, you should tell her how you feel.", she responded before grabbing my hand and dragging me with her. I frowned. Maybe I should tell her... but what chance do I have? She's always so happy with him.

We made it into the mall and Yuuji and Y/n held hands as they ran into a store. Nobara and I followed them. "Yuuji, look at this!!", Y/n said in excitement as she held out a dress to him. He held it up to her body, "You gotta try it on, you'll look so hot.". She slapped him in the arm, laughing. Only he makes her laugh like that... I wish it were me bringing her beautiful smile to her face. I sighed and Nobara elbowed me, "Hey, relax. Just talk to her more.". I rolled my eyes, "Don't you have your own girl problems to deal with?". She shoved me, "At least I actually have the balls to talk to the girls I like.". I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "I'm gonna look around", the girl said.