Another day

The sunlight begins to creep through the curtains and the birds begin to sing.

"Ughhh" You groan as you drag yourself out of bed. "Another day." You stomp downstairs to the kitchen and begin to make a coffee, wondering why mornings are so depressing.

You hear someone else enter the kitchen behind you. When you look around you see that it's your roommate and friend, Steve Rogers. "Jesus, you look terrible" He says.

Damn, that hurt. "Wow thank you, you're such a delight."

"No really, what happened to you last night?" Steve questioned. "I'm intrigued."

You pause for a minute and think about whether to bore your poor friend to death with your love life issues or just come up with a lie. Nah, he said you look terrible, he deserves this.

You let out a huff as you finish making your coffee. "Well, I had a date last night but the guy was just so dull. Every time he started talking i felt like i could just fall asleep right there in the restaurant."

Steve chuckles. "Oh deary me, sounds like you had a wonderful time then?"

You hit him on the shoulder before sipping your coffee and sitting down at the kitchen table.

"At this point I'm going to be single forever." You sigh.

"Don't be such a drama queen, y/n. The right man is just around the corner." Steve assures.

Just as he says that, your other roommate and best friend in the whole world walks through the old kitchen door and plops himself on the chair next to you. "Morning Steve, morning doll."

A sense of warmth spreads through your chest, you love it when he calls you doll.
His name is James Bucky Barnes. You've been best friends for as long as you can remember. The two of you met Steve later down the line when he moved to your school.

"That was perfect timing." Steve jokes. Your cheeks flush at his comment.

"You what?" Bucky looks confused.

"Oh nothing." You say quietly as you get up and grab a biscuit from a tin.

"Well i better be off on my jog, bye guys." Steve says as he heads towards the door. "Nice healthy breakfast, y/n?" Steve comments as he leaves the room, Bucky lets out a giggle.

"I'll gladly have it instead." Bucky gets up and grabs the biscuit right out of your hand and takes a bite. "I also better go and have a shower, thanks for the biscuit, y/n." He lightly nods at you and swiftly leaves the room.

That nod. That smile. Those cold, beautiful blue eyes that you so easily get lost in. Something he does just makes your heart skip a beat but you don't know why, he's just a friend.

Only recently you've noticed all this about him, a few nights ago you were hanging out in the evening and throughout that time you were just studying him and looking deeply into his eyes. Before then he's always just been your slightly annoying friend Bucky, nothing even slightly attractive about him. Until now.

Nothing can ever happen between you two, you couldn't live with yourself if something went wrong and your friendship was ruined. He even went on a date last night himself. Speaking of, the girl is probably still asleep in his bed; another reason why you didn't sleep last night - they were being very loud. Think her name was Emily or Emma or something. Bucky has always had a mesmerising effect on women and it just makes them fall hard for him but you never thought it would take effect on you.

OKAY FIRST PART FINISHED, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT AND SORRY IF THERE ARE ANY SPELLING ERRORS, ETC. I AM DYSLEXIC

THANK YOU FOR READING!