Bruised

It's been a few days since the day Bucky gave you that look but nothing else has really happened. He seems fine now. He's either a really good actor, the problem has been fixed, or he was telling the truth about it all being an accident. But you still can't get it off your mind.

It's a lovely Sunday morning. The day you don't have work and neither does Bucky so that's something, last night you decided to spend all day together today which will be really fun.

Eventually, you get out of bed and find a nice outfit. You settle on a denim jacket over the dress you bought when you went out with Natasha, it's a really nice deep blue dress with straps and it's about knee length. You put it on and then do your teeth and all that.

After that is finished, you go downstairs and Bucky is already ready and waiting. When he sees you his eyes widen.

"How long have you been standing there waiting?" You chuckle.

"Not long I promise." He finally stops staring at you. "You look amazing doll, is that the dress you bought with Natasha?"

"It is actually and thank you, you don't look too bad yourself." He is wearing the jumper you got him and a pair of black jeans. You will never look at this jumper the same way again after you saw it on Emily. "Nice jumper." You smirk

He smiles. "Only the best. Shall we?" He opens the front door and gestures for you to go first. So you do.

"Where's Emily today then?" You ask while walking down the road.

Bucky hesitates and goes slightly pale. "She uh she's going out with her friend, she didn't say who." He pulls down his sleeves over his hands. Seriously what is going on?

"Oh. Well now you get to spend the day with me."

"My favourite thing to do." He won't look at you in the eyes. You haven't seen him like this since he was being all weird the other day and gave you that look. "So where shall we go?"

"Well I was thinking we could walk to the park and get an ice cream or something. It's a very exciting plan."

Bucky laughs. "Sounds perfect."

After walking for a while and talking about random things, you get to the park and find a nice place to sit in the sun.

"The weather has been so nice recently." You say while sitting down.

"I bet now you've said that, it's gonna start raining or something." Bucky laughs.

You end up having to take your jacket off because it's so hot. "How are you sat in a jumper and not baking to death?"

"I guess i'm just immune to the heat." He puts on a smug face.

You look at him and he's sweating a lot. Evidently, he's turning into a puddle yet refusing to admit it. He keeps pulling his sleeves over his hands which is weird, it could be because of the metal arm but he's never been bothered about it being out in public before.

"So tell me, found a boyfriend yet?" Bucky laughs slightly and pokes your shoulder.

"Hey! I'm getting there okay! I seem to always attract guys that either leave after one date or are way too clingy. There's no in between."

"You'll find someone, if Steve can find the right person then you DEFINITELY can." He laughs.

"That is very true, poor Steve. What about you. You've never had a serious relationship how did you end up with Emily?"

Bucky goes quiet again. "Well I uh we just clicked I guess."

"Bucky."

He looks at you but stays quiet. His hands are shaking.