A Break

Today. Today you have decided to have, in fact, a break. Except for the fact you have work but today is a short shift, only from 8am-12pm.

As usual, you get up and drag yourself out of the comfort of your bed and go downstairs for some breakfast. As you turn the corner into the kitchen, Bucky comes right out of nowhere and you bump into each other. He grabs your waist to stop you from falling over.

This got to be some fairytale shit happening here

"I'm so sorry, doll. I wasn't looking where I was going." Bucky says. He seems different.

"Don't worry about it." You can't help but smile slightly at how serious he looks. It's a face that doesn't belong on him. "You okay? Where's your smile gone?"

"Oh it's nothing important, I'm just in a rush. It's my first day as a fireman today and I need to be there in 10 minutes but I accidentally slept in late." Bucky says, looking at his watch nervously.

"Oh my gosh I completely forgot!" You give him a big hug. "Have a good luck hug. You better go now shoo." You both laugh and he darts towards the front door. Before disappearing he turns to you and gives you a smile.

"Thank you y/n."

Your heart flutters and your cheeks feel hot. He gives the best hugs, it's almost superhuman.

You stand there for a second before remembering you have your own things to get done. You have a simple bowl of honey cheerios and then head upstairs to get ready for the day. You put on a pair of black jeans and a long sleeved dark red top. Nothing exciting. After you finish sorting yourself out and getting ready, you head downstairs.

Steve is up and in the kitchen already. He turns around to face you as he hears you enter the room.

"Morning Steve." You say as you grab your bag off one of the counters. "You're never up this early, something must be terribly wrong. What's up?"

He laughs. "Actually I have plans with Natasha, We're going to the beach."

"That sounds nice. How come you and Buck get to have fun while I have to work." You say, pouting purposely.

Steve walks over to you and whispers "Get a boyfriend" In your ear and he walks past you and out of the kitchen. You hold up your middle finger at him and he laughs and goes back upstairs.

You grab your coat before leaving the house and driving off.

- - -
Right well work was so unbelievably boring that nothing is worth saying. You and Bruce are getting really close to finishing an important stage though so that's something. You leave at about 12 and get home at half past.

You walk through the door and hear voices straight away. Natasha and Steve must be home.

Sure enough, they were sat on the outdated sofa being all cute together. Natasha notices you come in and gets up to say hello.

"Hey y/n!" That warm smile was back again. "How was work?"

"Hi Natasha, it was very boring but good progress was made. How was the beach?"

Steve gets up and comes over to you both. "It was so good" He says, also smiling. He wraps his arm around Natasha's waist. "This one here thought that a piece of seaweed was a monster and came running out, screaming."

You burst out laughing. "No way, a piece of seaweed?" You can barely talk because of how much you're laughing. "I don't know why that's so funny."

Natasha and Steve laugh too. "I swear it looked like a monster from where I was swimming." Natasha says, not believing her own story. "Right well I better go, I promised my mum that I would go out and buy my sister a birthday present. Hey, why don't you come with me y/n?" Natasha turns and faces you.