Watcher

It's now later on that day and you're just resting at home. Bucky has barely left your side, he's still shocked at what happened. So are you.

"Bucky i'm alright for now, you really don't have to watch me sleep." You've been trying to sleep on one of the sofas for about 5 minutes but Bucky is sat on the other one and you can feel him watching you.

"Sorry sorry, i don't mean to i swear." He laughs slightly, you smile at him and shake your head before closing your eyes again and drifting off into a light sleep.

Steve and Natasha are sat in the kitchen, they're also being slightly clingy but not nearly as bad as Bucky, they just keep asking if you're ok.

"This is really breaking Bucky, look at him, he's falling apart." Steve says, sitting down on a stool.

Natasha also sits. "I know. I mean who can blame him, his girlfriend broke his best friend's arm on purpose. He still thinks this is all his fault, i don't know what to do." She is equally as concerned.

"I'm sure he'll be fine in a day or two and then y/n will calm down a bit. I know i wasn't there but i can imagine it was horrible to watch."

"I actually didn't really see much, i just saw Emily pull y/n aside and they disappeared out of my sight. I heard yelling and so i moved where i could see them and the next thing i know i just see y/n fall to the ground screaming in pain. It was horrible."

Steve shakes his head "Jesus christ. Even that must've been horrible to witness. I've just never seen Bucky like this before, he doesn't get this upset even over the worst things or at least he hides what he's feeling."

"I feel so bad for him, he's been through enough already and so has y/n."

"Yeah, they've always been like this, they don't leave each others sides ever but it's never been this extreme."

Natasha and Steve pause their conversation as they notice Bucky get up and come into the kitchen.

"How you feeling Bucky?" Natasha asks, putting her hand on his shoulder.

"Me? Im fine, but what about you? You had to actually be there for all this." Bucky seems more cold than usual.

"Oh yeah, i didn't really see a lot i just.. heard things." Natasha's light mood suddenly drops too.

"Heard what?" Bucky looked worried at how Natasha had suddenly changed.

"The yelling, hearing y/n beg for Emily to stop, seeing and hearing y/n drop to the ground and her letting out the most painful and heartbreaking scream ever. It was horrible." Natasha shivered slightly and Steve pulled her in close.

"I'm sorry you had to be there Natasha. Right well im going to go back to sit with y/n for a bit." He turns to leave but Steve stops him.

"Maybe you should take a walk or shower or something, occupy your mind. Y/n is asleep and safe." Steve reassures.

"Nono it's ok, i really need to stay with y/n for now, thank you though." Bucky pulls Steve in for a hug which is unusual, he never really initiates hugs first but he will always take them.

"Alright but you will have to shower and go to bed eventually, you have work tomorrow."

Bucky's face drops "Don't worry i will, thanks." He swiftly turns and heads straight back you the living room. He puts on the TV and watches that to distract him just a little bit.

"I can't watch this it's making me so sad." Natasha buries her hands in her hair nervously.

"I know i know but it will be okay, everything works out eventually."