A Better Love Story Than Twilight

"Wait, hold on-!" The stranger exclaimed.

The stranger pulls out a book from a messenger bag. He lifts up the book for Lucifer to see.

"Hm?"

"I was just following this book!"

The stranger fumbled with the book in his hands. 

"I didn't understand how 'love' worked in the human world...So I thought if I..."

He blushes and look downs at his feet. 

Lucifer squinted his eyes at the cover. It was very hard to see, but based on the cover design, he already knew what book it was. Daylight, a best-seller romance book that is only sold in Empire Haiya. It is a 'forbidden-love' story between a peasant and a princess. In one of the scenes, the peasant uses pebbles to catches the princess's attention during her sleep.

Is that what he was trying to do? Throwing pebbles to catch my attention? 

The lord's face begun to soften. 

Water dragons are quite lonely creatures from what I heard...After their goddess was banished, the elves banished them in the ocean from outside civilization. Perhaps, in the ocean, things work differently...If that the case, it'll make sense to try to find advice on how love works on human land...

Lucifer shakes his head and furrowed his eyebrows.

It still doesn't give him the right to follow me home and throw a boulder at my window! 

The stranger suddenly kneels down and raises his hands in the air.

"Please, forgive me!"

"..."

"I promise I won't do it again!"

Who does he think he trying to...

"Please, I'm sorry..."

...

The stranger stared up at the lord. The lord stared back. He cocked his head to the left and then to the right, as a mental distraction. 

But those memories...refuse to hide themselves in his brain. 

Lucifer sighed.

"I forgive you...But only this once."

The stranger looks up in surprise, "R-Really...?"

"Without a price, of course..."

"Name it! I would do anything!"

Wow, he is quite thrilled for a man who doesn't know what I might even ask for...

"I want you to pay me for causing destruction to my window."

"Of course, I will go start right now!"

Before Lucifer can speak another word, the stranger runs off into the bushes.

"W-Wait-! I haven't told you...the price..."

—————————————————————————

Lady Celestia, why is it so bright?

Lucifer places an arm over his eyes. It felt like the sun was right over him. The lord then remembers the events from yesterday. 

Ah, I remember now...That stranger broke the curtains along with the window...

Lucifer breathed with annoyance. 

I better get off before I burn to a crisp...

The lord rolled off his bed and began to get ready for the day. Today, he will wear a basic white shirt and suit pants. There was no need to dress up extravagant anyways. He only stayed in the mansion doing paperwork for hours. The lord exited the bedroom and enters the dining hall. There his butler greets him a good morning.

"Good morning, my lord." 

"Good morning, Barbatos..." 

The butler looked at the lord with concern.

"My Lord, your face looks pale. Did you get enough sleep last night?"

Lucifer shook his head.

"No, I didn't...But it's nothing to worry about. Something just interrupted my sleep that's all."

"If you say so...Ah, someone also delivered you something..."

The butler pulled out a letter and a bag from his coat. 

"A letter..?" Lucifer took the letter and bag from Barbatos's hands.

The lord first opened the letter.

Dear Love, 

I am sorry for last night's disturbance. I have fulfilled your request of paying you back. In the bag, there should be a good amount of gold coins to pay for the window

P.S. Please, rethink about that date. 

-Love, future husband.

Love, future husband...

Lucifer placed a hand on his face, This man...

Well, let's see how much he put in here-

Lucifer choked. 

"My Lord?!"

"A-Ah, sorry, I just choked on the air that's all..."

"Er- If you say so..."

Lucifer stared at the coins.

This is way too much! This amount of coins could probably buy another mansion!

Lucifer shakes his head, I can't accept this...

If I accept this then...

The lord clenched his fists.

I will be looked down upon as a poor Lord who can't raise his own money! (Oh dear, aren't we a little too prideful.)

"Barbatos, I'm going out!"

"But- My lord! You haven't eaten breakfast yet!"

"There are more important matters to deal with right now...I come back and eat later."

Lucifer quickly leaves the mansion without another word.

"Oh dear, what gotten into him..."

A glint of light catches Barbatos's eye.

"No, he couldn't have..."

But the lord had. 

The lord had left without his umbrella.

——————————————————————————

[Sunlight and Elves]

Did you know sunlight is not good for elves? Long ago, before the Celestial war, Oizys was a rather isolated elf. She stayed under the shade of trees most of the time, never touching the sun once. Because of this, sunlight became a harsh problem for elves. If an elf is simply out in the sun for a couple of minutes, they will lose consciousness.