Waaaaahhhh

Was accepting the deal a good idea?

It has been three days since Lucifer accepted the deal. During those three days, he hadn't been able to set a foot outside the mansion. All-day long, he has been trying to catch up on paperwork whilst more paperwork came in for the next day. 

Up until now, he hasn't been able to think a singular thing at all. Now the thought of the deal was suddenly being drilled in his head. At first, it seem like the deal was advantageous on his part. Not only does Diavolo only have three chances to ask him out, but if he rejected all three of all them, his life would finally be Diavolo-free! But now, it feels like he is being taken advantage of...The deal felt too simple and easy to win...

Lucifer took a deep breath in.

Well, let's not think about that for now...

How long has it been since he has been able to breathe the fresh air outside?

 It was only just a shame that the sun was greatly burning him right now. Currently, he was outside one of the taverns drinking tea. Apparently, there were no seats left in the tavern when he came. A group of traveling elves had come in last night and occupied most of the seats, leaving Lucifer outside to fend off the sun for himself. Sure, he could have forced someone in the tavern to give up their seat with his status, but he didn't want to tarnish his reputation. What would his people say if they heard their lord was forcing people to leave so he could have a seat to himself?

Lucifer groans as he repositioned his umbrella for the 5th time. No matter how he positioned his umbrella, it still felt like there was a hole being drilled into was of his body parts. At least when he was Diavolo, he didn't feel a slight burn at all. It was like Diavolo knew how to protect his body from the sun...

...

Lucifer sigh. It seem like his mind still hadn't gotten over him. Truth be told, over the last three days, Diavolo has been stuck in his mind all day long. He couldn't tell if it was because he was the cause that made him to be in such a devastating state (The overwhelming amount of paper), or if it was because of his strange demeanor. He always had that goofy smile on his face that made it hard to take him seriously, whether he was smiling or not...But at the same time, he also had this strange aura that made him feel like he was a close friend...Sometimes even more than that...

Lucifer let out a scoff. How ridiculous. It seemed like Diavolo's "love talk" has been getting to him. He wasn't even close to being a friend yet, so why would he be more than that? 

Well, speaking of Diavolo...

"Lucifer!"

Ah, there he was in his full glory...His tan skin and red hair make him stick out like a sore thumb. If he was in the crowd of people, Lucifer bet he could still spot him from a mile away...

Lucifer sigh.

 Even looking at him was giving him wrinkles. Look like we will be starting off with a bang today...

"Please, don't shout my name like we are friends..."

Diavolo tilts his head, "Hm, why not? We are, aren't we?"

Lucifer scoffed, "No."

"Ah..."

"So...Why are you here?"

Diavolo beamed, "Well to see you, of course! How can I make you like me if I don't at least try to see you every day?"

"A-Ah, I forgot about that..." (No, you didn't. It was literally the first thing you thought about in the f*cking chapter.)

Diavolo takes a seat across from Lucifer, "What are you drinking?"

"Magnolia tea."

"Oh-! Isn't that the tea that helps you with natural sleep?"

"Yes, it is. Usually, I don't drink this, but the previous three days have been...tumultuous for me," Lucifer glances at Diavolo, "I wonder who could be the cause of this..."

"A-Ah..." Diavolo glances down at his feet, "I'm sorry..."

"You should be..."

Lucifer suddenly lets out a wince of pain. 

Diavolo immediately reacted to his pain, "Are you okay?!"

"I'm fine I'm fine...There no need to shout..." Lucifer replied."I just need to reposition my umbrella again..."

"Ah, I see...So, it the sun causing you pain..."

Diavolo immediately reaches for the umbrella. 

"Hey-! What are you-?!"

"I think you've been placing your umbrella at the wrong places...(Also your umbrella is incredibly small)...If we place it right here, however..."

"Hey-! You're too-!"

Diavolo was now towering over Lucifer. Lucifer had never realized how imitating Diavolo could looked until now. Not only that, his chest was only a couple of inches from his face! Lucifer stared at Diavolo's chest. He never realized how fit Diavolo was also...

...!

"Oi oi oi! Where do you think you're putting your hands?!" 

"Ah, sorry! I didn't mean to touch you there, I was just trying to-!"

Lucifer growled. "Agh, enough! You're too close!" Lucifer placed his hands on Diavolo's chest and pushed him back, "GET OFF!"

———————————————————————

[A Group of Traveling Elves]

Sometimes when walking into a tavern or inn, you might encounter a group of elves. A group of elves is pretty common on the walking lands. However, they do come in big groups, so don't expect to get a seat in a tavern or inn anytime soon if you see a group of elves walking down the street. There are two types of groups that you might run into.

1. Nobles 

2. Merchants 

If you happen to run into a group of noble elves, it's most likely that they're on important business or going to visit another village. They are most common in the winter (As that is when most balls take place). If you do happen to cross upon a group of noble elves, make sure to treat them with the greatest hospitality. You never know...There's always that one noble, who cries about everything...

If you happen to run into a group of merchant elves, it's most likely that they're here to trade with your village. They are most common in the fall (As the fall is harvest season. "Vegetables and fruits do make a good way to make money."  - Some greedy white-haired merchant elf). You can act any way you want to merchant elves as you please. Well...Not just any way, of course...At least, try to show them some hospitality. They can be quite feisty if you piss them off. I, myself, have gotten into some fights with them and waaaah~ It's not a fun experience...