Trade offer, you give me paper work. You receive me sleep-deprived.

"You...want to talk about something?" The lord tiredly looked up at the dragon, "Make it quick."

The dragon trembled slightly. He violently shook his head and stared into Lucifer's eyes.

"I want to make a deal with you."

Lucifer lifts his head slightly.

"Give me 3 chances. 3 chances to ask you out. If you reject me those 3 times, I will leave," Diavolo hesitantly pounds his heart, "And never come back!"

The lord placed a palm on his chin, "Truly?"

Diavolo pounds his heart again, "With all my heart!"

Lucifer smiled. 

There was no way.

Lucifer shaked his head.

There was no way that he had just struck a deal of a lifetime!

Lucifer laughed.

A lifetime, eh?

The lord settled down and stuck out his hand, "Shake my hand. I need to make sure there's no trickery behind this."

Diavolo sternly gripped the lord's hand, "Of course not."

Lucifer smiled once more, "It's a deal then."

—————————————————————————

Lucifer let out a sigh of relief. He was finally back in the mansion. A sanctuary where the sunlight couldn't reach him and no dragon was trying to marry him. Lucifer took out the bag of coins in his pocket.

 Relief? 

Supposedly, with the exception that he didn't do what he wanted to do in the first place.

Though that's completely fine!

Abruptly, he hears the sound of footsteps behind him. A malicious toned voice calls out his name. 

"My lord...You're finally back..."

Lucifer stayed focused on the door. He completely forgot about Barbatos...

Caring and overprotective, he was just a nanny in disguise of a butler. The problem with him being a "nanny" though...

Lucifer breathed. At least, he was still breathing.

"Barbatos...I-"

"My lord, I have been worried sick for the past hours...I even went out myself to look for you. I was thinking about calling the local knights to go search for you, but here you are..."

The butler paused.

"Covered in sweat and grass blades...You went out without your umbrella and now you look like a disaster."

Lucifer heard the slight sound of bells jingling. 

"No no no, you're a disaster. Why could prone you to act without even thinking?"

Silence.

"Lucifer?"

Lucifer sighs as he feel a hand on his shoulder. A whip of wind lash at his neck that almost makes him tremble. He watched as his hair slowly flowed back on his face, hindering his vision. He raises a steady hand to wipe it off.

"The problem with you is that you're not afraid..."

"It's unfair, that you're a demon."

——————————————————————

Lucifer rubs at his sore neck. 

Actually, never mind that, his whole body was aching. He barely managed to escape to the safety of his office.

 It wasn't until a couple of minutes later, Barbatos finally managed to calm himself down. He doesn't stay angry for too long. He even brought Lucifer' cold breakfast, though he could still feel a glare being shot at him. Now Lucifer was at the (dis)comfort of his desk with stacks of paperwork towering over him. Ones from yesterday, of course...

Lucifer groans. 

If I didn't waste so much time with that dragon yesterday and today, I wouldn't still be sitting here doing paperwork...

Lucifer sigh. His mind was starting to drift to that dragon again. What was his name?

Ah, I remember now...Diavolo...

He couldn't seem to get him off his mind. 

He said that we met before...But where...?

It still lingered in his mind. He tried to go through all the conversations he had with Diavolo or could have had with Diavolo, yet only the recent interactions seem to pop up...

Diavolo making lovey-dovey speeches. Diavolo's persistence. Diavolo's many complex faces. Especially the ones where he looks rejected...

Lucifer chuckled. He was a head-over-heels fool. Somehow that makes him lovable...

Lucifer coughed. There was a slight feeling of heat in his face.

What am I doing? I need to finish this paperwork, stat!

————————————————————————

[Demons]

Azarel's descendants. After the war, they became brute and stupid creatures, attacking humans and elves below whenever they could. One day, they realize everything wasn't a one-way path, and have grew to be manipulative and treacherous beings, tempting merchants with promises of gold to obscure places of the forest to torture (steal from) them. Oh, at least Barbatos doesn't steal people...Doesn't mean he still...quite scary.