Holy crap, finally, plot development...? Ah no, just dialogue. Disappointment...

Click Clack

The creaking of a door interrupts a man's writing session. He groans at the minor interruption and looks to see who has come to see him at this time. The man has been writing in the dark for quite a long time, so it took him a couple of seconds to adjust to the light filtering through the doorway. After a couple of seconds of adjusting, he could finally make the figure in the doorway. The man smirks at the arrival of the person. His source has finally come.

"You're finally back," The man said mischievously (and so evil-y), "So tell me, did you get anything good?"

The figure chuckles, "I did, I actually got something really good."

"Enlighten me."

"Of course, but first..."

The figure turned to an oil lamp next to the door and switched it on. Suddenly, the room radiated with light, like The Celestia herself has descended into the room. The man at the desk hissed at the sudden radiation in his room.

"Argh-! My eyes-! You didn't have turned it into Celestial Palace in here!"

"Hm, but I thought your eyes already adjusted to the light? (The author said so.)"

"You do know that you turn that oil lamp on full volume, right? Of course, it going to radiate more light than some light filtering through a door."

"Fine, you win, but stop writing in such dark lighting. It's not good for the eyes, and no, it doesn't make you look cool. But back to topic, I got a very good source you can write about. It's about him."

The man at the desk immediately stood right up at the keyword. He put a hand on his chin and stared directly at the figure in the doorway. 

"Tell me...Is this information accurate?"

"I heard and saw it directly. There were a few missing details that might have added to it, but it's good enough for it to be circulating around the town for a decent amount of time."

"Give it to me." 

The figure handed over the journal to the man. The man quickly skims over the words on the journal. Slowly, the mouth on the man's face began inching to a smile. The information in the journal was perfect! Perhaps, this will be the thing to bring him to ruin!

"And you said you saw this directly with your eyes?" The man glanced up at the figure, "Belphie, you've struck gold! No, even more, if this happens!"

The man was about to turn to his desk to start writing, but then stop to realize something.

"What is it?" Belphie asked.

"They're going to meet tomorrow at noon, aren't they?" The color begins to slowly drain from the man's face (again), "By the time, we have this out, they would already be with their little date, and our article will be deemed as fake..."

Belphie shook his head at the man's comment, "Tsk tsk, it seems Satan isn't smart as he says...Even that idiot knew how to spread rumors better..."

Satan glared at Belphie, "Tch, don't compare me to that white-haired elf...Hmph. So, you have a better plan? Tell me then, what is it?"

Belphie smirks, "You know...The paper isn't the only way to spread a rumor..."

Satan nods at Belphie, "I can see what you're getting at...So instead of spreading it in writing, we spread it verbally, hm?"

Belphie clapped, "Bravo! Satan has come out with another genius outbreak, again!" He sneered.

Satan sighed, "You're so annoying when you feel like it..."

Belphie shrugged, "Heh, you just can't admit I'm more clever than you."

"Yeah yeah, you can talk about it all you want in your dreams. You sleep a lot anyway."

"Hmh. Well, I'm about to go sleep, anyways...!"

"Wait, wait, just a moment..." Satan shook his head, "I thought YOU were going to spread the rumor?"

Belphie glared a tired look at Satan, "Excuse me, I been walking and collecting information for our paper, ALL DAY LONG. You on the other hand, just sit in the dark and write, you probably even take snippets of time to read some pages of a book!"

"Tch, how did you know...Fine fine, I will do it! I have more connections to help spread it, anyways..."

"Exactly..." Belphie muttered, before turning around and sluggishly slamming the door.

"..."

"Tch, he forgot to turn off the lights..."

—————————————————————————

[Celestia's Palace]

The Celestia's home. A palace that said to belong high up into the sky. So high up, that it seems to transcend to another world's sky. It's theorized to be our sun, due to it being so bright (according, to history books.) Honestly, I disagree. Conspiracy theorists are so idiotic these days...You know, there's this rumor that Lord Lucifer dated a commoner. It's so idi...otic...Wait, a minute. Rumor...Date...Commoner...Lucifer...Ah, it's not who I think it is...Right?