I was here

"Get away from me..."

Lucifer pointed at Diavolo with his index finger, pushing as much bitterness in his voice as he could. A goat must be sacrificed. This...being...that came uninvited to his peaceful life.

Unfortunately, the sacrifice of a goat does not bond well with the people of purest nobility.

In sinister glee, they scowled at him.

"Look, they must be having a lover's quarrel..."
"Lucifer is a petty man...One drop of a pin he turned on his lover..."

Which all the more made Lucifer upset.

Has he been to native? Too sheltered?

He always took notice of the criticism of the newspaper that strangely wanted to belittle him.

He attacked his hair roughly.

Diavolo looked at him calmly though he still held a surprised and saddened complexion.

"Lucifer..." he held his hand out.

"...!"

The Lord glared at the dragon, "Don't call me that. It's Lord to you."

Diavolo flinched. He shook his head and raised his voice.

"Lucifer!"

The Lord stepped back. The world seems to have collapsed. And everything spun.

The world is out of balance suddenly. But Lucifer kept stepping back. Without falling over.

Suddenly, there was a strong pain in his wrist. He dizzily looked up at the dragon that was gripping onto him.

Without warning, the dragon took the elf.

Lucifer huffed, barely managing to keep up with Diavolo's pace, "What...are you...doing?!"

"Taking you somewhere!"

Lucifer's wrist squirmed in Diavolo's grip, "Release me at once!"

"No!" Diavolo childishly yelled back.

The duo ran into a secluded area. Away from peering eyes. Away from flinging insults. Away from the damned 'innocent' souls as they called themselves.

Lucifer caught his breath as Diavolo released him. He immediately removed himself from Diavolo's proximity.

"What do you're doing?! I don't want any association with you any more!"

"Lucy..."

"Don't you dare try to quell me with silly nicknames! You-"

Lucifer flinched as a petal fell on his nose. And another fell on his shoulder.

He flicked them away and another fell on his hand.

He looked up.

There was no sky.
Just pink petals.
No accursed sun.
Just magnolia trees.

He sighs. The smell of fruits filled his nose.

All was calm.

He tiredly looked up at Diavolo. And Diavolo stared back at him.

He was sitting under a tree and his tail had been removed from his pants. It curled around his leg, heaving up and down to Diavolo's slow breaths.

Without a word, Lucifer sat under the tree. As far away from Diavolo as he could, but as close enough to feel a presence.

Nothing was said.

So Lucifer thought about his question.

—————————————————————————