Erosion /əˈrōZHən/ The gradual destruction or diminution of something.

Did I forget something?

Ah, I remember now...

"The magnolia trees are blooming this season..."

"Hm, are you reciting lines from a romance novel, my lord?"

Barbatos gazed up at Lucifer, "I never peg you to be type to read those type of novels."

"No, it not from a novel. Its was just something..." Lucifer pauses, "...that I heard on the way home."

"Hm, are you thinking about seeing them today, my lord?"

"Depends...if it's significant of my time..."

People say if you forget something, then it probably wasn't something of importance.

To Lucifer, Diavolo was insignificant.

To Lucifer, Diavolo was only another person in the crowd. Perhaps even a small thorn in the side.

To Lucifer, Diavolo was just...there...

But somehow he always managed to remember him. A thorn that couldn't be ignored or pulled out. A thorn that couldn't be forgotten.

So was Diavolo insignificant?

Lucifer thought for a moment, before shaking his head. He couldn't find an answer.

"Barbatos, I'm going out..."

"Very well, safe trippings, my lord."

"..."

"Oh, my lord, if you can, would you mind bringing back some magnolia petals?"

Lucifer clicked his tongue.

—————————————————————————

"Well, this is a surprise indeed!" Diavolo exclaimed.

Hm, loud as usual...

Lucifer had to clench his fists to stop himself from covering his ears. As regularly, Diavolo was being loud and obnoxious. Lucifer sighed, he could already feel the headache coming. He looked around to find something to calm himself. Strangely, he found himself looking into Diavolo's eyes. How curious, Lucifer thought. How come his eyes seem to differ from his demeanor? He immediately had to look away though. Lucifer exhaled internally. He couldn't believe that he found peace in the person, who was making him search for it in the first place.

"What do you mean surprise? I said I will give you an answer at noon," Lucifer replied.

"Hm, I suppose that is somewhat a surprise within itself."

I suppose...?

"I know you would have kept your word, Lucifer. I'm surprised that you came 2 hours early," Diavolo said.

Lucifer suddenly felt his heart skip a bit. Lucifer didn't know why it did. Was it from fear or surprise? It couldn't be love, right? He didn't feel red in his face. How peculiar, he thought.

Even more peculiar, he came 2 hours early?

Why?

Why did he do so?

Was it because he had nothing to do?

No, there was paperwork that could have been done.

Was it because he wanted to go outside?

No, the sun is shining, today, of course, he didn't want to go outside.

Or was it because he didn't want to forget the insignificant...?