43- Sam

Sam

Lie after lie.

I didn't get it and I was getting worked up over it. I stood in Noah's older brother's bathroom, pacing. I felt nauseous that I was the only one who knew how badly Noah's dad treated Noah. And I didn't even know much, so Noah could be experiencing far worse than I see on the surface.

Yet Noah won't say anything. Won't confess to the abuse or that Noah's dad already knows about us. I wanted to scream at Noah and shake Nathan. Did Nathan honestly believe Noah when he claimed his dad wasn't abusive anymore?

But, I had started catching on to Noah; Noah was a good liar. And it was bothering me. Bothering me that Noah would rather get beat than to ask for help. Hell, he didn't even have to ask for help, Nathan was offering it. Nathan was the one asking if Noah was alright. All he had to do was say 'no'.

I didn't understand why he protected his father so much.

There was a knock on the door followed by, "Sam?" I took a few deep breaths, trying to calm my emotions before I opened the bathroom door for Noah. He stepped inside. "They're ordering Chinese food," he told me with a smile.

"Mm," is all I responded with.

His hands went on my waist. "What's wrong?"

"Why won't you tell Nathan? I don't get it."

"Ugh, Sam," he removed his hands from me so he could run them over his face like he was exhausted. He looked at me, "I just don't want this night to be like that. You don't know Nathan, he can be very impulsive and angry."

I smirked, "sounds like someone I do know," I commented.

Noah rolled his eyes, "maybe, but trust me, he's chill now, but if I told him about dad, Nathan would go off."

"I wouldn't mind it if he did," I muttered, not looking at Noah until he placed his hand on my chin and made me look at him.

"Please. I just want this night- Nate getting to know you- to be perfect. Okay? Please, don't be upset. I'll tell him."

His big brown eyes were pleading with me and I knew how much me meeting his brother meant to him, so I caved. Giving Noah a small smile, "okay," I agreed.

"Thank you. I will tell him," Noah promised again as he pulled me into a hug.

But like I said, Noah was a good liar. And I fell for it again. 

*

So, Noah and I went back out and played Super Smash Bros Brawl with Nathan and Maggie until food arrived. The rest of the evening went by smoothly. We all ate dinner and talked about random things. Nathan and Maggie both seemed to like me. Maggie and I especially got along, talking about fashion and She told me that she was in college for interior design. Nate and Noah lost interest real soon after that.

By ten o'clock, Noah and I said our goodbyes and walked down to the parking garage that was attached to their apartment.

A couple minutes into the drive, I spoke, "Wanna go to my place? It's the weekend, so you could, uh, I mean if you want- you could, um, spend the night?" I suggested awkwardly. Noah had obviously spent the night before, but every time I asked him, I couldn't help but feel anxious and giddy at the same time.

"You're so cute when you get flustered. Makes me wanna take you right now in this car," Noah said seductively. My eyes widened at his bluntness and I'm a hundred percent sure my face was a tomato. I bit my lower lip to refrain from smiling. "Baby, you know biting your lip is such a turn on for me. Oh, the things I would do to you if you weren't driving."