44- Noah

Noah

The second perfect thing in my life at that moment, was school. "Sam!" I shouted as I ran up to him in the hallways with a big grin. That was the Monday, four days before the start of our winter break. Four days until the end of first semester.

Sam spun around, "hmm?" He was wearing his brown corduroy pants with an olive green button down that was open to show off his loose white t-shirt. The shirt was tucked in and held with a belt. He was sporting his all white Vans.

I held up the test paper in my hand as I met him at his locker, "I got a B!"

His eyes widened. "You got a B!"

"I got a B!" I laughed in excitement, and pulled him into a kiss in the hallway of Crestfield High School.

Sam pulled back in shock, but was grinning and still had his hands clutching the sides of my hoodie. "You just kissed me in school."

"So? I don't fucking care, I got a B 'cause you're the best fucking tutor!" I exclaimed, feeling probably too excited over an average grade.

"I love you," Sam had the widest smile.

"I love you too." I kissed him again and then there was two sets of arms around us. One set being from Jason and the other being from Carter.

"I love you so, so much, Sam," Carter mocked me while Jason did the same.

"I just feel so connected to you, Sam, I wanna' have babies with you," Jason jested before they both made kissing noises.

"Fuck off," I shoved them off me, but laughed. I was too much I'm a good mood for their mocking to annoy me. Sam laughed and I put my arm around him. It felt so right to be able to show Sam off publicly. Sam was mine and only mine.

*

Later that night, I was FaceTiming Sam. "So, Christmas break is next week..." Sam started. He was sitting at his desk while he did homework. His phone was propped up by some books, I guessed. I nodded at his statement. I was laying in bed, wishing Sam was in bed with me. "What do you normally do for Christmas?"

I shrugged. "Not much. See Nathan and exchange a couple gifts. Usually go to Kaitlyn's annual Christmas Eve party. Which, by the way, she invited us to." Kaitlyn and I had been talking more since Wisconsin. Not much, but a little here and there, but any form of contact with her, I was grateful for. I missed having her in my life. Kaitlyn wasn't the best girlfriend, but I wasn't a good boyfriend. We were and are better as friends.

"Oh... okay, um... did you..?" Sam, on the other hand, didn't know how he felt about Kaitlyn and I still talking. At least that was what he told me when I asked him if it bothered him. "I don't know how I feel about it," we're his exact words. But, I had zero intentions of getting back together with Kaitlyn, so he had nothing to worry about.

Still, I didn't want Sam to feel uncomfortable, so I said, "No, I just want to be with you for Christmas Eve. I mean, I guess if you wanted to go. Everyone's gonna' be there, like our friends."

"I'd rather it just be us two as well," he told me with a soft smile. "Um, also, would you want to spend Christmas at my house?"

"Yeah, if they're okay with that. I feel like I ruined it the last family dinner by telling the I didn't want to go to college."

"No," Sam shut that down. "Not at all. They love you. Are you kidding? My mom basically drools over you."

"Well, I don't blame her."

"Pfft! Shut up, frickhead."

"Mmm, dumbass," I said seductively in a low tone.

"Hey, so..." Sam began with a devious grin, "I was wondering-" I heard a knock at the door before my dad walked in.

I hung up on Sam, "Uh, hey. What's up?" I asked cautiously.

He nodded his head outside of my bedroom. "The game's on. Just a rerun... wanna watch it? Packers versus Bears."

I haven't sat down and watched a football game with my dad since my mom left. It used to be my favorite time of the year. Every Sunday when it was Football season, me and my dad would have a 'guys night' and watch football while eating pizza and wings. But, it was a Monday in the middle of December, so reruns were what we were left with.

"Um yeah, definitely. Um, wanna order pizza?" I asked hesitantly. My stomach felt like a whirl pool; a mix of anxiety and longing. Hopefulness.

"What else do you eat while watching football?"

Did my dad just joke around with me? What was going on? Nonetheless, I followed my dad into the tv room where he had already flipped to the sports channel. My dad settled himself into his La-Z-Boy and I sat on the coach.

For the next couple hours, we watched the game and ate pizza. The only thing my dad yelled at was the football players and referees on the screen. God, I wished it could be like that all the time.

I woke up around three in the morning and saw a blanket sprawled out on me and I looked over to find my dad snoring away in his chair. I smiled and lazily got up. I laid the blanket on my dad then staggered to my bedroom to sleep in an actual bed.

**

Thank you for reading!! Comment and vote <3

-Xoxo, Bert