53- Noah

Noah

I stood outside the cafeteria and lingered there a bit as I waited for my old table to fill up. I agreed to sitting at lunch with Sam cause how the fuck could I say no to him? But, I sure as hell wasn't going to sit there alone with my ex boyfriend. So, knowing Sam always got to the table first, I waited five minutes after fifth period began, before I walked up to the table with all my friends... plus Sam. (I could never categorize him as 'friend').

"Ayyy! That's what's up," Jason grinned as he stood up and we shared a 'bro hug'.

I chuckled then sat down in my original spot, next to Sam. Carter aggressively shook my shoulder, "you stayin' or what?" He questioned with a goofy ass smile.

"Yes," I shrugged him off me, but was smiling. I guessed I missed sitting with them as well. And I didn't miss the way Sam shoved food in his mouth to keep himself from smiling.

Emily said, "welcome back," with a friendly face.

"Hey," Sam gave me a small smile when everyone moved on from me being there. Emily had started talking about something I didn't fucking care about because I was sitting too fucking close to Sam. Ugh, I thought I could take it, but I just wanted to leave.

It was brutal having to be near someone you're in love with and couldn't do shit about it.

"Hey," I greeted, my leg bouncing up and down. And we didn't speak the rest of the lunch period. But the glances we stole spoke way louder than words.

*

The month of March is almost over with spring break less than a week from today. Which is all my friends can talk about. We're planning on going up to Jason's vacation house again.

Though it had been a little awkward, Sam and I have actually been trying to be friends. Like that one night, Sam and I were in Sam's basement playing video games like we used to. Jason and Carter were supposed to come over, but Jason had to stay home to watch over his epileptic sister. Carter conveniently had to go to work. Based on his text he sent me:

Carter
Today 7:37 PM

Thought you guys
could have some
alone time ;)

Carter was lying.

Trust me, I would not have shown up had I known they were gonna bail on our plans.

Luckily though, it hadn't been horribly awkward like it sometimes got during lunch when it was just Sam and I while the others were off to buy lunch. In fact, we had been joking around and having a good time together. Until we weren't having a good time...

"Can I, um, tell you something?" Sam asked while I was still trying to figure out which character I wanted to be. Maybe Ness? Marth again? Super Smash Bros Brawl was my pick in game that night which Sam complained about because we both knew he'd lose every round.

"Of course," I said and decided on the character Ness to battle against Sam's character. Kirby again.

"I went to the mall by myself yesterday," Sam started and kept eyeing me.

"Oh god, did you buy another pair of Vans? Don't you have every color in the rainbow already?"

Sam chuckled, "not yet," he jested, but then turned serious. "I, um... I met someone."

My heart squeezed in slight pain. No way Sam had moved on. I couldn't even sleep without dreaming about him. Okay, okay. Calm down, Noah. You didn't even know where he was going with that. "Uh, okay...? Who?" I asked and maybe sounded more irritated than I should've.