11- Sam

Sam

That didn't happen, right? What happened at the movie theater between Noah and I did not happen, right?! But, it definitely looked like he looked down at my lips. I saw him lean into me... hadn't I?

Ah! I didn't know what to think as I laid awake that night.

Noah had a girlfriend. That was the cold, hard truth. So, maybe Noah just got caught up in the moment. I mean, we were alone. We were sharing popcorn from the same bucket. The lighting was dim. It was no doubt a date-like setting, and Noah very well had just been confused.

Or, I'm reading too much into it. Like I always did. Maybe he looked down at my hand that was still on his face and maybe it was me who leaned in. It all happened so fast and yet so painfully slow, my brain couldn't conjure the truth.

So, the next day at lunch when I spotted Noah walking up to the table, I had planned to talk to him about it. I needed answers, right? But as soon as he set his backpack down next to me at our table, and I opened my mouth to speak, he cut me off. "hey, I'll be right back," he told me quickly.

"Uh, okay," and I watched him catch up to Kaitlyn in the lunch line. His girlfriend.

Noah had a girlfriend. I decided to forget the almost-kiss and I never brought it up.

**

Poor Sam

1k followers!!! Wooohooo 🥳 you don't understand how much I appreciate you guys. For real! Thank you so much!

Much love to all of you!! <3<3<3 And thank you for reading!!!

-Xoxo, Bert